WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
dgudovic
Re: Black screen

Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:50 am

MadbaLL wrote:i have the same problem since tonight.

i didn't change anything since my last play, but whatever map i enter, it becomes black. only mini map, health and ammo status are visible. but maps are all black.

what is wrong?

You have the answere on the first page of this topic .
Knifing noobs all day long
_/\_ Dubstep ._. Dubstep_/\_

MadbaLL

Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:33 am

ok with that, but i would like to know why is this happening?

i play nexus bc2 for 2 months and this never happened before. i didn't change anything in my system and last night this problem occured.

that's why i would like to know reason for this error.

EDIT:

solution with settings.ini didn't work in my case.

i tried even deleting settings.ini letting the game create a new one and still doesn't work. same error.

my drivers are up to date, i played 2 days ago with same settings and there was no problem.

any clue guys?

dgudovic

Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:56 am

MadbaLL wrote:ok with that, but i would like to know why is this happening?

i play nexus bc2 for 2 months and this never happened before. i didn't change anything in my system and last night this problem occured.

EDIT:

i tried even deleting settings.ini letting the game create a new one and still doesn't work. same error.

my drivers are up to date, i played 2 days ago with same settings and there was no problem.

any clue guys?

I dont know what that might be,wait for somone else to answere you couse i dont have your answere :P sorry
Knifing noobs all day long
_/\_ Dubstep ._. Dubstep_/\_

=:Mustang:=

Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:51 pm

EDIT:

any clue guys?

why is it hapening to u? IDK.
But deleting the settings Ini is not the solution. A new Ini settings with same Bloom settings is created
Just edit Bloom to false
then when u run the game , go to options and turn off blur.
IMake sure the game is not running when u changed the bloom to false
restart ur pc if ur still stuck.
But that is the solution. For some reason its not giving ur game the command to turn off the bloom and blur.
Had to me twice, once i was able to fix within secs, second time, turning off bloom didnt fix,
i thought i was screwed, but i still kept tweaking the options, restarted my pc, did same thing, and then finally it worked.

MadbaLL

Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:14 pm

=:Mustang:= wrote:

EDIT:

any clue guys?

Had to me twice, once i was able to fix within secs, second time, turning off bloom didnt fix,
i thought i was screwed, but i still kept tweaking the options, restarted my pc, did same thing, and then finally it worked.

with restarting pc, it worked!! we will see what will happen in upcoming days.

now, the main question is still to be answered - why did i get this problem? i have excellent pc, far above bc2 requirements and i never touched settings.ini before. i play for 2 months online and never had this problem.

why is this "bloom" thing suddenly started to cause issue like that?

i'm eager to find out.

Return to “Help and Support”