WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
zesty
Re: Elite Squad

Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:51 am

Seems like to be an awesome game, would like to buy it :3

mizudg

Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:44 pm

xheon wrote:Cs is the same since 1.5 its boring and cs go is the same boring bs it doesn't even feel like cs.

off-topic: If you think CS has been the same since 1.5, you are seriously wrong. As a person who grew up with CS as his game to play after he comes back from a long day every single day! (we even had a dedicated server and such when we were like... 10)

The point is, I bought CS:S and CS:GO Later on when I had the money to do so on Steam and CSGO is an incredible improvement in my eyes. Gameplay-wise has not been altered much but where it has, it's notably obvious. Not to mention the Competitive Matchmaking and party-making are a breeze unlike in most other games. CS:S.. It's just an improved 1.6 but try playing CSGO, then CSS, then CS1.6 or even earlier and tell me... are they the same? Can you do equally good in all in concussion? I played CSGO for 2 weeks straight, then CSS for about 10 minutes and I couldn't realize what was going on and where. The game was altered by a lot and for the better in my eyes. Also, if it's the same old, same old and boring, tell that to Call of Duty and Battlefield 4 which look exactly the same as the previous ones with minor changes. Games like CS stay the same because they are a classic and anything added on like a Sprint or ADS, or heck, even freaking Perks would just not be Counter-Strike anymore.

And now, on-topic at last: Elite Squad looks very much like another game I recently heard of but never actually bothered remembering its name. It was made by the same guys who made CS, that much I remember and for pre-alpha.. I'd say that's not enough footage to judge a game on. Hopefully it will come on Steam to get better feedback or worse as with some games.

xheon

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:42 pm

mizudg wrote:
xheon wrote:Cs is the same since 1.5 its boring and cs go is the same boring bs it doesn't even feel like cs.

off-topic: If you think CS has been the same since 1.5, you are seriously wrong. As a person who grew up with CS as his game to play after he comes back from a long day every single day! (we even had a dedicated server and such when we were like... 10)

The point is, I bought CS:S and CS:GO Later on when I had the money to do so on Steam and CSGO is an incredible improvement in my eyes. Gameplay-wise has not been altered much but where it has, it's notably obvious. Not to mention the Competitive Matchmaking and party-making are a breeze unlike in most other games. CS:S.. It's just an improved 1.6 but try playing CSGO, then CSS, then CS1.6 or even earlier and tell me... are they the same? Can you do equally good in all in concussion? I played CSGO for 2 weeks straight, then CSS for about 10 minutes and I couldn't realize what was going on and where. The game was altered by a lot and for the better in my eyes. Also, if it's the same old, same old and boring, tell that to Call of Duty and Bettlefold 4 which look exactly the same as the previous ones with minor changes. Games like CS stay the same because they are a classic and anything added on like a Sprint or ADS, or heck, even freaking Perks would just not be Counter-Strike anymore.

And now, on-topic at last: Elite Squad looks very much like another game I recently heard of but never actually bothered remembering its name. It was made by the same guys who made CS, that much I remember and for pre-alpha.. I'd say that's not enough footage to judge a game on. Hopefully it will come on Steam to get better feedback or worse as with some games.

I guess you're right i also grew up with cs but i guess cs overall is boring for me is because i get bored of stuff really fast.
And i played only cs (1.5/1.6/css) as my main fps games from 6 til i was 13 . Then i started to go in cod and bf.
Also +alot of respect from me for being one of the few people that know how to argue without showing what asshole's they are. ;)

mizudg

Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:18 pm

Also +alot of respect from me for being one of the few people that know how to argue without showing what asshole's they are. ;)

I don't like arguing without presenting the facts first. An argument is made to be just that, full of exposition and facts instead of childish outbursts screaming all sorts of curse words. You'd find me using a curse word rarely online actually, be it a forum, e-mail, even YouTube comments. I am just used to the "old regime" from before COD became the kids' way of expressing themselves as adults screaming and cussing at people over the internet while their parents were in the other room, oblivious to it. Back then I wasn't very old myself and I generally kept quiet on the microphone since I didn't want people to judge me because of how I sounded but rather for the way of it. But I fear that those times are long gone and older people are getting shut off more often by younger than how it should be. Now, without keeping this off-topic anymore, please do continue with your Elite Squad impressions, everybody :)

Tw33zD

Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:17 pm

Looks to me like css with new engen and ads

Return to “Game Discussion”