VU Client Changelog
Posted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:55 pm
Updates are sorted from newest to oldest.
- Further optimized WebUI performance to reduce low FPS spikes during processing.
- Resolved an issue where some key combinations wouldn't be properly delegated to the WebUI.
- Fixed a crash caused by late D3D device initialization.
- Significantly improved network security and reliability for backend services connections.
- Fixed some issues with WebUI rendering to optimize performance and provide support for SLI.
- Fixed a rare crashing issue on WebUI initialization.
- Reworked a big portion of the WebUI rendering code to render more "natively".
- Fixed some compatibility issues with older CPUs not supporting SSE4 instructions.
- Fixed a crash caused by ammo states not being properly destroyed on player disconnection.
- Fixed an issue with ammo state replication, where some players weren't properly identified.
- Updated VeniceEXT in order to support future Rime-interop operations.
- Implemented basic ammo state replication and ammo HUD updating for first-person spectators.
- Fixed an issue which would cause servers to crash when a player switched teams.
- Fixed an issue where a gun's recoil would reset faster in higher frequency servers.
- Added display of all kills in the kill-feed when spectating a player.
- Changed kill-feed player colors to more accurately represent their teams.
- Limited soldier names to 16 characters.
- Fixed some misspelled map names in server-list listings.
- Fixed an issue where iterating through players in spectator could crash the client.
- Fixed a possible issue with physics simulation in non 120Hz servers.
- Hotfixed an issue with physics collisions that would result in player deaths (especially when reviving, vaulting, etc.).
- Fixed an issue where Squad Rush and Squad Deathmatch teams would be limited to 4 players.
- Added personal kill-messages when spectating a player in first-person.
- Increased the camera distance when spectating vehicles in third-person.
- Increased the zoom speed when spectating vehicles in third-person.
- Fixed an issue where squad members wouldn't be correctly removed from a squad.
- Implemented nametag display for all players in first-person spectator mode.
- Statically color-coded player icons and names based on their team in first-person spectator mode.
- Implemented the ability to disable team-switch balancing via RCON.
- Fixed an issue where spectators couldn't receive chat messages after joining a server for the first time.
- Exposed some new engine hooks via VeniceEXT.
- Fixed an issue where round-time wouldn't be correctly displayed via RCON.
- Fixed an issue which would cause servers to crash when modifying the maplist.
- Added the ability to list spectators via RCON.
- Fixed an issue where players limits wouldn't be properly enforced during startup.
- Introduced an additional frequency mode, running simulation at 60Hz, and updates at 30Hz (-high60 parameter).
- Changed 120Hz high frequency mode launch parameter to -high120.
- Optimized performance for 120Hz and 60Hz servers.
- Implemented the ability to host and join password protected servers.
- Implemented the ability to limit the amount of maximum players.
- Fixed an issue where a server would allow more players than the full team capacity.
- Limited spectator slots to 24.
- Fixed an issue where the active spectator count wouldn't be properly replicated to the backend.
- Fixed an issue where joining a server running a different frequency mode would result in a black loading screen.
- Fixed advanced chat automatically closing when typing and another player sent a message.
- Added proper display of spectators and enemy teams for spectating players in advanced chat.
- Fixed an issue with server listing that could crash the backend.
- Fixed WebUI rendering issues for older non-DX11 GPUs.
- Fixed an issue where player counts would be incorrectly displayed on the scoreboard.
- Fixed an issue where the server-list would incorrectly list a server.
- Fixed a race condition in VeniceEXT that would result to a client crash.