WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Kerrigan
Re: Blaze Emulator - First Preview

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:14 am

Effort wrote:Also they are are awesome for competitions.

+1

I still remember the rage of the fans at this special SC2 competition where Blizzards BNet failed and the lack of LAN in SC2 did hold the competition for hours.

ne3MEs1s

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:18 am

TheShadow wrote:
ne3MEs1s wrote:Is there still people using LAN ?

I´m doing small LANs with friends to get away from these ragekids in the internet.

Diablo and Starcraft LAN matches are also very entertaining.. especially Diablo.

And most important: I´m sometimes playing on LAN with my father since he does enjoy FPS games but isnt good enough for competing in the internet.

So YES. I am STILL using LAN like many others do.

Ok the Diablo and Starcraft i will agree with LAN .. but we are talking aboult a massive game like Battlefield 3 .. that is played with 64 people (32v32) .. it would be hard to play that , with LAN i think :)
P.S i also played LAN , and had a blast with my friends in Half-Life and Starcraft

Effort

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:23 am

ne3MEs1s wrote:
TheShadow wrote:
ne3MEs1s wrote:Is there still people using LAN ?

I´m doing small LANs with friends to get away from these ragekids in the internet.

Diablo and Starcraft LAN matches are also very entertaining.. especially Diablo.

And most important: I´m sometimes playing on LAN with my father since he does enjoy FPS games but isnt good enough for competing in the internet.

So YES. I am STILL using LAN like many others do.

Ok the Diablo and Starcraft i will agree with LAN .. but we are talking aboult a massive game like Bettlefold 3 .. that is played with 64 people (32v32) .. it would be hard to play that , with LAN i think :)
P.S i also played LAN , and had a blast with my friends in Half-Life and Starcraft

Most battlefield competitive play is played with teams of 4,5 or 8 people in Australia. The competitions using teams of 16 and even 10 are pretty much dead for us. (i've tried 32v32 for comp and it sucks, even 16 sucks imo)

Also wouldn't be that hard to set up a 32v32, i would just need somewhere with enough space i have a 95 port switch sitting in my house unused. add the lan functionality to the server client, tell everyone to bring their computers and BAM 32v32.

ne3MEs1s

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:43 am

[/quote]
Most Bettlefold competitive play is played with teams of 4,5 or 8 people in Australia. The competitions using teams of 16 and even 10 are pretty much dead for us.[/quote]

I don't think that the Blaze Emulator are aiming for competitive plays. I think ( and hope ) they are aiming for massive gameplay like 32 , even 64 people for a map .. for total awesomeness and kickass experience for us all . :D

Effort

Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:47 am

ne3MEs1s wrote:
Effort wrote:Most Bettlefold competitive play is played with teams of 4,5 or 8 people in Australia. The competitions using teams of 16 and even 10 are pretty much dead for us.

I don't think that the Blaze Emulator are aiming for competitive plays. I think ( and hope ) they are aiming for massive gameplay like 32 , even 64 people for a map .. for total awesomeness and kickass experience for us all . :D

player count is a server side setting, you can change the number as you please upto the number that you pay for (In the official servers anyway).

Kerrigan

Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:50 am

ne3MEs1s wrote:Ok the Diablo and Starcraft i will agree with LAN .. but we are talking aboult a massive game like Bettlefold 3 .. that is played with 64 people (32v32) .. it would be hard to play that , with LAN i think :)

The emulator is just for having a liberated environment.

NoFaTes aims on mod support and adding features that EA/DICE deny.
The emulator will include every server setting: from 64 player metro madness to the 8 player VS Servers.

Of course LAN is still possible. Nontheless earlier BF games got bots for filling your server.

I guess 64 player bot matches were possible in BF1942. At least 32 were possible.
Its not that hard.

Also @Effort +1

WarBeast-GT-

Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:01 pm

TheShadow wrote:
ne3MEs1s wrote:Ok the Diablo and Starcraft i will agree with LAN .. but we are talking aboult a massive game like Bettlefold 3 .. that is played with 64 people (32v32) .. it would be hard to play that , with LAN i think :)

The emulator is just for having a liberated environment.

NoFaTes aims on mod support and adding features that EA/DICE deny.
The emulator will include every server setting: from 64 player metro madness to the 8 player VS Servers.

Of course LAN is still possible. Nontheless earlier BF games got bots for filling your server.

I guess 64 player bot matches were possible in BF1942. At least 32 were possible.
Its not that hard.

Also @Effort +1

It would be epic if NoFaTe can program/implement bots for Battlefolt 3.

WarBeast-GT-

Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:18 pm

Gaius_Marius wrote:WarBeast-GT- Why? Enough and that that will be the Master Server - Server - Client. A lot of players and they will last.

Because when I don't want to play against real players I take the bots. They are stupid as shit but you have fun with them and you can also practise your flying skills.

MaxLightning

Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:18 pm

Although it may seem pointless to add bot support it does make sense for one particular reason. A lot of people have a group of friends with which they can LAN with. But the group is most likely limited to 3-10 people. Adding bots will still make the game interesting as there will be a lot of players and the map won't be as empty. MAN VS MACHINE! Hoorah.

Return to “General Discussion”