WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
federossi
Re: [Tutorial] How to setup your own server

Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:55 pm

rukqoa wrote:
federossi wrote:Hello there...i have a problem...i made the server and it worked, but nobody can join me...i can enter to it and play but when people tye to come into the room they cant! plis help

Behind a firewall/router?

i have the firewall desactivated for bbc2. But the port, i have the one that came with the StartServer.bat, i didnt change it...the first time i made the server a friend of mine get into it an played with me,,,but since then people cant get in... :cry:

sorry for my english, :?

rukqoa

Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:16 pm

federossi wrote:
rukqoa wrote:
federossi wrote:Hello there...i have a problem...i made the server and it worked, but nobody can join me...i can enter to it and play but when people tye to come into the room they cant! plis help

Behind a firewall/router?

i have the firewall desactivated for bbc2. But the port, i have the one that came with the StartServer.bat, i didnt change it...the first time i made the server a friend of mine get into it an played with me,,,but since then people cant get in... :cry:

sorry for my english, :?

You might be behind a router firewall.

=:Mustang:=

Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:25 pm

Guys, I Think I saw server status at some place. Or maybe not.
It would be nice to have the server status show up on the forum top banner.

My question regarding Dedi Host, Is it completely Independent on your Master server?
I have not been able to test the Online experience yet, as the server seems down for many days.
I am gonna Try Server dedi now. But how do I tell my client, how to connect to my dedi server?
I would appreciate the help, maybe I will compile some F.A.Q's Regarding game.

Update: NVM Found it here bf/?home
It does get a bit confusing, but I guess one forum is for front end, and the other is for communication both ways.
Also I am Now going thru the info I can find in that part of the forum.

RobbingHood

Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:54 pm

@Mustang

The site almost always shows "online", it's not an accurate way of checking the server status. Better go here:

bf/?stats

If there are <200 players online, the server is probably down.

Also, your dedictaed server has to connect to the Nexus masterserver. It will show up in the serverbrowser if you configured it correctly.

Whispered

Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:57 pm

need some help on this.

I'm already running 1 bfbc2 server on a server box, but as I try to start a 2nd I get an error with the admin port

Code: Select all

Failed to create Remote Admin TCP socket at localhost:48888, are you launching the same server instance twice?

I already tried creating another shortcut with a different port, to no avail.
I know the admin port comes from the ServerOptions.ini but if I change values in there it will also change for the other server.

is it possible to run 2 servers from 1 box, without duplicating the whole bfbc2 folder? like telling it to use ServerOptions1.ini ?
whatever the outcome of above questions, the next question would be.
I will be needing to change the :19567 port, as a bc2 server already runs on that. How would I connect to it through bc2cc as you can not state ports in there. or does it not matter for the CC that the port is different and it just needs the admin port?

thanks in advance.

RobbingHood

Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:10 pm

@Whispered

No double-posts, please.

Whispered

Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:57 pm

RobbingHood wrote:@Whispered

No double-posts, please.

once I posted I saw this was a [Tutorial]. figured I'd ask this question in a different topic. my bad.

RobbingHood

Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Whispered wrote:
once I posted I saw this was a [Tutorial]. figured I'd ask this question in a different topic. my bad.

No problem, just for next time ;)

Also, correct post order: Use search => If there's no similar question, create a new topic.
Topic hijacking isn't too polite :mrgreen:

incanation95

Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:28 pm

Well my server is running up well but my problem is mapselection..
In my maplist i have " Conquest- levels/mp_005cq"
The problem is i am unable to get the desired map.. can anyone tell if there is any setting to be done in order to make the map selection work!

PS- because i only want one map on my server hence i only have one line in the maplist.txt which i stated above in quotes.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance

talwin

Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:47 am

hey guys,

we run an event in australia and need some help finding the server files.... if anyone can point us in the right direction it would be great.

Thanks in advance

Return to “General Discussion”