WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
luke5135
Does project rome work on the steam version of the game

Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:14 am

As the title say i'd like to know, cause I honestly have no idea, and would really like to know, cause i'm not sure which one to buy.

AlexEe

Re: Does project rome work on the steam version of the game

Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:03 am

yes
Add me on Steam: click | My Origin ID: AlexEe77

luke5135

Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:29 am

Thank you, I couldn't find a definite answer anywhere

MasterSeal

Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:35 am

*BUMP*
I know this post is a bit old, but here's my experience hope it helps someone.
I had to DELETE EVERYTHING Steam.X related for files in the root directory and then use my Origin BFBC2.exe file (I have both versions, Steam and ORigin) to get it to work. otherwise it was nothing but errors.

"After you have downloaded the required files you need to extract them into your Battlefield: Bad Company 2 directory (where BFBC2Game.exe resides). In order to play you need a fully up-to-date Bad Company 2 installation (you can update by simply launching BFBC2Updater.exe.)" <--- This only applies to the ORIGIN or RETAIL version. NOT THE STEAM Version as there's no BFBC2Updater file in the steam version due to steam updating the files itself and the EXE is different per-steam's editing.

Here is the origin file from my actual install. NO VIRUSES! I do not have time for BS. so please do not abuse this or use it with a hacked copy. IF you download this file, I'm giving you benefit of the doubt and assuming that you own a LEGIT copy of BFBC2 and are not a piracy risk. I've spoken to a few people who have DL'ed ILLEGAL copies of this game and I DO NOT SUPPORT ILLEGAL GAME PIRACY OF ANY KIND!

link removed

My install was moving the entire BFBC2 game directory from Steam's area to my desktop, removing the steam related files, then replacing the steam version of
BFBC2game.exe to the Origin version, adding the hook file, (the one of course provided here http://forums.veniceunleashed.net/bf/index.php) then viola, it works. I had a couple months of headaches before I tried this. I've also confirmed this worked for a couple other legit steam owners of the game in my clan. Cheers. Hope this helps. if you need any assistance you can contact me at

[email protected]

[DF]DJF-1975
Owner at DF-Gaming.US

Formerly
[TKC]MasterSeal
Last edited by Rodney on Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove link to .exe files

Return to “Help and Support”