WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
SayHiToBob
[BUG] VU not working with GT 755m.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:05 am

When I first downloaded VU, it was perfect except that the client itself ran very slowly (~30 fps), I was messing around and I found out that it was not working on my Nvidia GT 755m graphics card but on my Intel HD 4600. Right clicking on VU.exe and selecting the High-end NVIDIA processor *almost* fixed it.
Now it shows the black screen with the blue 'LOADING' on the bottom right, and then it shows the connection to Zeus but after a second it crashes and it gives me the same error (pictured below).

I'm on Lenovo Y510P, Windows 7, GeForce Driver 361.4, GT 755m (NOT SLI)

Thank you for your time!
P.S. Even on Intel HD, VN looks absolutely amazing!
UPDATE: When the error message appeared I have just seen a small typical error message from Windows saying that the 'Intel HD display driver has stopped responding and has recovered'

XuluniX

Re: [BUG] VU not working with GT 755m.

Sun Jan 03, 2016 10:19 am

if you are using an laptop with optimus, you need to disable optimus in your BIOS, otherwise VU won't work without errors

SayHiToBob

Mon Jan 04, 2016 2:43 am

I just checked my BIOS and there's no option to only use the GPU. I have to options; the first is Discrete which as the description says is pretty much Optimus, and the second is to only use the Intel HD. I understood that in laptops the GPU copies the video output to the Intel HD frame buffer to display on the screen instead of doing it directly, which basically means I'm stuck with it until I find a way out. Any other options? I tried setting the GPU as the default but still no luck.

dx4picco

Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:10 pm

Sadly no way dude, i tried almost everything i could, and if you cant disable optimus in bios then you cant do it at all and no sulotion for this.
That was exactly the same for me and no solution

Return to “Help and Support”