WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Frenky_Fisher
A way to get DLC packs for free

Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:42 pm

I found an old post by Kerrigan regarding DLC packs and playing on them even if you didnt bought them: viewtopic.php?t=2696

Kerrigan wrote:
Rarity wrote:(I know Origami makes you download those things even when you don't purchase those DLC)

It does not. It downloads a compability patch. But the DLC maps are only downloaded when you own the respective key for them.

Anyway, if you don't own the DLC maps in form of the standard XPack 1-5 folders you won't be able to play them.
There might be a chance that if you get the DLC files elsewhere it might work because our master server does not differ between the keys. It only checks for a valid license.

So I was thinking if we can play with DLC weapons there is a chance to play DLC maps even if you didnt downloaded them since VU only checks for a valid licence. That means that somebody who bought all DLC packs and downloaded them should upload the files that are possibly stored in "Battlefield 3\Data\Win32\Levels" folder. Here is my folder that is without DLC packs that you can use as a reference (since they are not named by their real map name) http://imgur.com/WTLyCFQ

XuluniX

Re: A way to get DLC packs for free

Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:54 pm

it would be piracy and is not allowed on this forum.
btw, the DLCs are not in the Levels folder.

You can play with the DLC weapons because evey client has them as People who unlocked them can play on servers without DLCs.
On these servers may be players without DLCs and they shoud be able to see these weapons.

mizudg

Re: A way to get DLC packs for free

Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:11 pm

If you can find someone or somewhere to get the DLC files from, it's fine since VU doesn't check if you own them or not. Only if you have them so it can load the level. However, redistributing links would be, as Xulunix said, piracy, and is not allowed on this forum. Please refrain from doing that and if you are going to borrow the files from somewhere, your best bet is a friend.

Return to “General Discussion”