WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Majnu
Some general questions on Beta

Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:38 pm

Re No Suppression mechanic that is in servers

Does this only affect visual suppression or does it affect random deviation too? i.e is there no random deviation ?

By disabling suppression does this make the cover and suppression perks obsolete? Does it then exhibit a low ttk ?

I am also finding and I do not know what the cause is that the high tick rate makes enemy players appear to visually strafe, move and jump much faster and further. Maybe I am finding it hard to adjust compared to BF3 but I find that this increased speed makes it harder for me to take down players without resorting to spray and pray more often or for me appear that hit registration is acting strange.

People in game chat were telling me get better internet, get better PC but my hardware and ISP are not to blame. I just like to know for those who are new to playing the beta what your thoughts are?

XuluniX

Re: Some general questions on Beta

Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:46 pm

On servers with diabled suppression, both, visual and deviation are disabled, except for explosive suppression.
The Perks are next to useless on these servers.

The ttk should be the same on all servers but there are reports of shorter ttk on 120Hz servers. This needs further investigartion.

Movement feels faster on higher tickrates but the real speed and distances seem to be the same on all servers.

Playing on a server with higher Tickrate requires better hardware and internet connection. You could check you CPU und ping/loss while playing on a high tick server

kiwidog

Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:45 pm

XuluniX wrote:The ttk should be the same on all servers but there are reports of shorter ttk on 120Hz servers. This needs further investigartion.

Busted this myth just now, AEK does 50 damage to the head, 25 to the torso on both 30 and 120hz servers. The TTK has NOT changed.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

-=V12-POWER=-

Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:58 pm

holy sht...bc1 had like 12 max dmg for the aek (without counting area multipliers)

Majnu

Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:39 pm

Does anyone else get strange flashes with certain weapons?

http://www.twitch.tv/majnu001/v/32046067

6:30 into stream

kiwidog

Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:04 pm

kiwidog > NoFaTe.

Hypnoize

Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:18 pm

kiwidog wrote:
XuluniX wrote:The ttk should be the same on all servers but there are reports of shorter ttk on 120Hz servers. This needs further investigartion.

Busted this myth just now, AEK does 50 damage to the head, 25 to the torso on both 30 and 120hz servers. The TTK has NOT changed.

Surely damage hasn't changed (why should it), but compared to vanilla you get this damage too fast and sometimes it feels like you're getting oneshotted or dying in 1-2 frames.
And btw, are you aware of an-94? It's a bit ridiculous on high tickrate.

kiwidog

Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:48 pm

Hypnoize wrote:
kiwidog wrote:

Surely damage hasn't changed (why should it), but compared to vanilla you get this damage too fast and sometimes it feels like you're getting oneshotted or dying in 1-2 frames.
And btw, are you aware of an-94? It's a bit ridiculous on high tickrate.

More shots are registering, so instead of suppression which would deviate bullets, and the "I shot him" moments are now gone, it may feel like TTK is less but it is around the same, just less bs to get in the way.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

Majnu

Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:30 pm

For the past month I have been making Twitch streamers and their followers aware of VU. A lot of the people who I got to play over from Twitch (bear in mind these are casual players) also feel that the ttk is low and some wondered if flinching affects recoil behaviour . I know ttk isn't low because of the reason stated above but when VU appeals to the more competitive natured players then they said dying all the time leaves them frustrated and vanilla is better suited for them as it is slower paced.

They do wish you all the best with the project and said that removing blue tint and sun glare made the game cool. I can only take on board their criticism and relay back what they said.

Majnu

Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:14 am

Have had more twitch streamers trying to join today and they said that the server crashed so will try it out on Friday and give their impressions online during the stream.

Return to “General Discussion”