WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
TacTicToe
No server key. Server will not launch.

Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:43 pm

Followed Rodney's directions for setting up a server on our box, but it will not validate and give me a server key. Is the key hidden in some other folder?

Code: Select all

[24/12/2015 17:37:22] "VeniceUnleashed": Info: Initializing Venice Unleashed [Hybrid Client] (Build 10680)...
[24/12/2015 17:37:22] "VeniceUnleashed": Info: Venice Unleashed [Hybrid Client] has been initialized.
[24/12/2015 17:37:23] "VeniceUnleashed": Info: Server Instance directory: C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Battlefield 3\Server
[24/12/2015 17:37:23] "VeniceUnleashed": Info: Initializing the VeniceEXT engin
Socket error: connect, 0
[24/12/2015 17:38:44] "VeniceUnleashed": Error: Server key file not found or inalid. Shutting down.
The server key file could either not be found or is invalid. Please verify that
your server key is valid and present in your instance directory and try again.

This is what I get when I try to generate a key.

Problem #2

Cant link my account? WTH? I login as requested, didnt leave the page like recommended, and it takes me right back. I get stuck in some sort of login loop that never lets me login.

Sure hope these issues can be resolved. As of now I can neither launch a server nor the game itself.
]Image

luiizot

Re: No server key. Server will not launch.

Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:41 pm

Same here... :/

MAGIC

Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:42 pm

You need a server.key which will be given out by NoFate when he wants to

RobbingHood

Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:18 am

As MAGIC said, server.key files are not available for everyone for now, but likely will be in a few days.
About issue #2: EA was having issues today, maybe try tomorrow.

TacTicToe

Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:23 am

Well that explains it! Thanks guys.
]Image

rv112

Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:11 pm

Where to get server files?

MAGIC

Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:58 pm

You can use your client as server. But you can't host a server yet, since you need a server.key

TacTicToe

Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:02 pm

Well thank God I am unable to play then. I can just imagine how many laggy servers there are with people trying to host off their home computers! :lol: Hopefully the issues get sorted by next open test.

Not sure why they would give you all the instructions to host a server if they weren't planning to let people host servers. I really think that tutorial should be removed. Send it as a private PM to someone that was given a key. The way it looks and reads, anyone would have been allowed to.

Just my two cents.
]Image

AlexEe

Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:09 pm

TacTicToe wrote:Well thank God I am unable to play then. I can just imagine how many laggy servers there are with people trying to host off their home computers! :lol: Hopefully the issues get sorted by next open test.

Not sure why they would give you all the instructions to host a server if they weren't planning to let people host servers. I really think that tutorial should be removed. Send it as a private PM to someone that was given a key. The way it looks and reads, anyone would have been allowed to.

Just my two cents.

1) the servers currently running are not hosted on home machines. Only people trusted by the devs have server keys (Rodney, magic)
2) I think it is good to already have a server tutorial, people who are interested in hosting can already determine what the requirements are etc.
3) I'm quite confident about the devs releasing server keys to those who really want/are able to host servers in the next few days
Add me on Steam: click | My Origin ID: AlexEe77

TacTicToe

Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:32 pm

AlexEe wrote:1) the servers currently running are not hosted on home machines. Only people trusted by the devs have server keys (Rodney, magic)

MAGIC wrote:You can use your client as server. But you can't host a server yet, since you need a server.key

Did you miss this?

AlexEe wrote:2) I think it is good to already have a server tutorial, people who are interested in hosting can already determine what the requirements are etc.

Not really. Again the way it is written, it looks like hosting is made available to anyone who wishes to host. I think those of us that are experienced hosts and have been doing this for some time, really only need this IF they are going to be allowed to host. Putting it out there is this manner, is just misleading. I got all excited for nothing, went thru all the steps for nothing. Downloaded and installed Origin and BF3 on my box via RDP and followed Rodney's directions only to find out I am not able to host.

AlexEe wrote:3) I'm quite confident about the devs releasing server keys to those who really want/are able to host servers in the next few days

True, just would have been nice if this were clearly stated so that people aren't wasting their time currently.
]Image

Return to “Help and Support”