WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
anwil
Re: why can't you use PunkBuster

Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:36 am

RobbingHood wrote:PunkBuster causes a lot of problems and was therefore disabled.

but suffering is not wine the players who fall into the ban

ChuckN

Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:58 pm

First off, every experienced gamer with any common sense knows that Punkbuster is worthless since it does not stop cheaters at all.
But if you think that pb is so wonderful then you should simply play on the pb servers.

Second, the bans that are handed out right now are based on nothing more than a hunch that somebody is cheating.
All these cries for more admins to take action won't accomplish anything except to increase the number of irresponsible bans.
Asking for more of that kind of thing is incredibly foolish and will utterly destroy the reputation of Nexus servers in general.

First person spectator mode is the only real anti-cheat since it actually allows admins to issue a ban based on real evidence.
If somebody can figure out how to give BC2 first person spectator mode then I will be the first in line to say let the bans commence.
However, all these other blind anti-cheat schemes are nothing more than smoke & mirrors b.s.

Just because you are losing a game it doesn't necessarily mean that the other guy has to be cheating.
He may have actually spent a lot more time than you on the game and he simply knows how to play it better than you.
It reminds me of the old western movies where the bad guy shoots anybody that ever beats him at poker.
You're beating me so that proves you're a cheater...BAM!

lol.
:)

himapapa

Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:43 pm

ChuckN wrote:First person spectator mode is the only real anti-cheat since it actually allows admins to issue a ban based on real evidence.
If somebody can figure out how to give BC2 first person spectator mode ...

Here we go: www.twitch.tv

ChuckN

Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:12 pm

himapapa wrote:
ChuckN wrote:First person spectator mode is the only real anti-cheat since it actually allows admins to issue a ban based on real evidence.
If somebody can figure out how to give BC2 first person spectator mode ...

Here we go: http://www.twitch.tv

Can't watch the video.
I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but this is what the excerpt from the Google search says:
twitch.tv/twitch: "This channel is offline now, but you can still check out its most recent broadcast. Last broadcast on Dec 11, 2015..."

On the other hand, if its one of those sites that requires you to sign up for an account just to watch videos then I will pass.
If you can provide a Youtube link then I think everybody will be able to watch it without any trouble.

mizudg

Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:32 pm

He meant you can watch a stream of someone playing. Twitch itself is a livestreaming platform (and really, is there anyone who doesn't know this by now?)

And obviously he's at fault too cause no hacker would go on Twitch broadcasting ._.

ChuckN

Fri Dec 18, 2015 9:03 pm

The suggestion that everybody should be required to live-stream their gameplay is so absurd that it never occurred to me that anybody would suggest it. :)
Besides the inherent time delay, mass live-streaming would be a logistical nightmare at present.

But I wouldn't be surprised if the technology to do that will be commonplace very soon.
When everybody is forced to use a biometric reader and submit to constant video monitoring just to use their computer then I will hang up gaming altogether. ;)

himapapa

Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:43 pm

mizudg wrote:And obviously he's at fault too cause no hacker would go on Twitch broadcasting ._.

ChuckN asked if there's a way for "BC2 first person spectator mode". This is the only way I know for BC2. It's another side of the coin if any hacker would broadcast.

ChuckN

Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:52 pm

Obviously a cheater is not going to volunteer to live-stream his gameplay. :)
The only alternative would be to require everybody to live-stream their gameplay.

That requirement is so obnoxious that I think most people would simply stop using Nexus/Rome and move on to other games.
(Besides, mass live-streaming isn't even possible from a logistical standpoint anyway.)

Stealhelm

Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:43 pm

MAGIC wrote:Also note, that NoFaTe is gonna add IP parsing without Punkbuster in the future, so serveradmins can ban IP ranges

Awesome news; lone live VU! :D

PS: I've been having crash after crash, but it seems to be caused by Bf3 itself and not VU. For some reason my audio/sound drivers are causing interferences with the Windows x86 subsystem; or at least so it seems. So there is no problem with Venice. <-- Do anyone have any suggestions except swapping the drivers to an earlier build ( which I've already done; without success )?
At the timeless street I brew my spells.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”