WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
TacTicToe
Dealing with ban evades.

Tue Nov 10, 2015 8:49 pm

So I PMed NoFate about this, got no response, so now I am turning to the community, hoping someone might have an answer.

There are a number of players that come to our servers that we ban for say blatant aimbotting. Moments later they are back on the server. We ban them over and over and they get back on. Since you are supposed to need a legit copy to play, how are people doing this? What can we do to stop people from evading bans?

Does anyone have a solution?
]Image

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Re: Dealing with ban evades.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:25 am

A legit copy is required, yes, but since you don't need a key for emulatornexus and your account isn't tied to any key you can just create a new account and play with the same copy.
There used to be a signature here.

TacTicToe

Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:45 pm

And then that is a problem!

Does anyone have a working resolution for this? Is there anything NoFate can do to link your account from Nexus to your BC2 game guid so a ban will stick? Is there a way to keep people from creating multiple accounts for the same game?

Anything?
]Image

mizudg

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:49 pm

As far as I remember, DU4 Gaming had something going with stat-tracking and determining whether or not a person is a potential cheater (too high SPM/KD ratio). I don't recall if they implemented that into their servers but there were plans for it, so might as well check them out.

TacTicToe

Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:10 am

Determining if someone is cheating is not the issue. Keeping players we permanently ban from coming back is the issue. Hell I can ban them for spewing racial crap, the reason for the ban does not matter. The issue is they quickly and easily evade the ban and are right back on. This is a huge problem. You can't administrate a sever if people can just get around your bans.

I was just hoping someone here might have come up with a plausible solution to this problem.
]Image

mizudg

Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:41 am

Ask DU4. They're your best bet. As I said, I recall them doing something about it using this system for tracking stats.

Rootil3

Sat Nov 14, 2015 6:55 pm

Hello TacTicToe ,
We had that problem too (on DU4).. we were working on something similar to PB .. But things have been slow since there was no answer from NoFate ..
But for heavy sick cheaters we were able to get their IPs from the game server and ban them.

TacTicToe

Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:04 pm

Thanks for that. Glad to see I am not the only one NoFate ignores. :)

I was thinking about banning IPs though not sure yet how to get them. But even then, changing your IP is pretty easy. If I were to ban entire subnets, then we could easily, potentially ban legit players as well.

This whole not having a key tied to your account is just a huge issue. We cant monitor a server 24/7. Enabling votes is to easily abused. There just has to be a better way.
]Image

himapapa

Sun Nov 15, 2015 12:13 pm

TacTicToe wrote:This whole not having a key tied to your account is just a huge issue.

100% agree. It would mean a lot of less work, if it would be taken more care watching accounts at Nexus community. Some things could be easily done in a few seconds, some would take a while. But reducing the amount of abuse directly at the source would be a giant step for Rome.

TacTicToe wrote:There just has to be a better way.

Binding EAGUID to the Nexus account is one approach. There are even better ways, but as Rootil stated above: Without any answer of NoFate we are lost at Rome.

MasterSeal

Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:12 pm

...a person could even enlist randomly generated GUID's within the framework .dll so that when you first log in with the account on this site to play, it generates your GUID and throws it in even an SQLITE database which requires almost ZERO maintenance and then an encrypted MD5 hash in your game folder could be the connection tie. Even if said banned players re-installed, and re-signed up, that's better than not being able to ban at all. even further do what Microsoft does, and grab the serial # of hardware IE bios or even CPU/APU etc. so that if you ARE banned, you cannot EVER play the game with the same hardware. THAT is the best solution, but also the most difficult to program. It's still possible either way. If said players wanna squak about "digital invasion of privacy" all the system looks for is the serial #'s and nothing more software oriented, and if you put it in the TOS there's no issue at all, just 90% less smacktards. Just a few spouts from me. Cheers.

...Seal...

Return to “Help and Support”