WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
TacTicToe
Re: Open Bughunting Season

Sun May 10, 2015 2:05 am

Rodney wrote:(I'll just skip over your useless ramblings)
I'll guess for the time being there will be no other NA server since there is none available to the team.
All other servers are accessed by the devs directly for monitoring reasons.

I'm sorry, I will try not to ramble over your head. Let's try again.

Obviously the servers are accessed directly by the devs, I would expect nothing less, and this has nothing to do with the observation I made. However, the improperly labeled US servers can not be pinged or have a traceroute done to them. They would seem to be firewalled, which for those of us that have our own dedicated servers, understand that it completely unnecessary. Since I get quite a bit of lag playing on servers that are closer to me than those across the Atlantic, for diagnostic purposes you would want to eliminate things that could be issues, such as routing etc. As we are not aware of the specs of any of the systems running, all we can do is guess at what could be issues. The host I use can reroute paths to our box if players are having issues. However they need a traceroute to do so. Impossible to get this info for some reason from this server, which makes no sense. :roll:

As I said I know it is probably too late now to set anything up within the confines of the US borders, but it would have been nice. In the meantime, I will just play on the EU servers, as they seem more *playable*. Although I will note when I was playing earlier, there were people on that were pinging over 700, and I am sure that didnt help things. A high ping kicker might help too. Procon has some great plugins to do this.

Thanks.
]Image

lycanwrath

Sun May 10, 2015 5:03 am

Rodney wrote:The UK runs normal frequency, so any improvement you experienced is purely placebo.

Actually the improvement consists of not getting the bugs associated with the 60hz servers in my case.

SASBLACKBURN

Sun May 10, 2015 6:54 am

Gonna try it out :D

Professor.Oak

Sun May 10, 2015 6:58 am

Played on the 120hz server for about 2 hours. I'm not sure what I felt. I was definitely getting killed faster than in retail. Maybe that's because everyone's accuracy is better with the higher tickrate? Not sure if placebo effect, but I did feel like I had more control over some gunfights where I normally wouldn't in retail. Suppression feels nerfed in a way. One thing that is concrete is that the map loads faster. I didn't experience any game bugs except a chat bug which I reported on Github.

SASBLACKBURN

Sun May 10, 2015 7:19 am

BUGS SO FAR:

>Chat while dead should be available while it isn't
>INVISIBLE ENEMIES
>Soldiers in deathcams disappear
>Gun model and hands in first person view is invisible at times
>When client freq doesn't match with that of servers', client is meant to restart. While sometimes it does, at other times, it just goes to an infinite loading screen.

-SAS

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Sun May 10, 2015 11:00 am

SASBLACKBURN wrote:BUGS SO FAR:

>Chat while dead should be available while it isn't
>INVISIBLE ENEMIES
>Soldiers in deathcams disappear
>Gun model and hands in first person view is invisible at times
>When client freq doesn't match with that of servers', client is meant to restart. While sometimes it does, at other times, it just goes to an infinite loading screen.

-SAS

1. That didn't happen to me (yet)
  2. That's fixed now
  3. idk
  4. Yep, can confirm, but happens in vanilla too iirc
  5. If that still happens that's a bug.
There used to be a signature here.

Majnu

Sun May 10, 2015 1:27 pm

lycanwrath wrote:
Majnu wrote:Unplayable for me

- Input Lag
- Players appear to stutter around
- I also have loads of stutter both as inf or in vehicles
- Vaulting over objects at random times catapult you forward
- Looking at the character's feet has some funky fast transitions

Exact same issues for me, will test again as soon as fixes come :)

Played on the 120HZ server and now everything on the mini map stutters also.

faddn

Sun May 10, 2015 10:15 pm

Professor.Oak wrote:Played on the 120hz server for about 2 hours. I'm not sure what I felt. I was definitely getting killed faster than in retail. Maybe that's because everyone's accuracy is better with the higher tickrate? Not sure if placebo effect, but I did feel like I had more control over some gunfights where I normally wouldn't in retail. Suppression feels nerfed in a way. One thing that is concrete is that the map loads faster. I didn't experience any game bugs except a chat bug which I reported on Github.

Suppression is turned off on all servers i think. That is deffently one thing that will give you more control.

Professor.Oak

Mon May 11, 2015 12:16 am

faddn wrote:
Professor.Oak wrote:Played on the 120hz server for about 2 hours. I'm not sure what I felt. I was definitely getting killed faster than in retail. Maybe that's because everyone's accuracy is better with the higher tickrate? Not sure if placebo effect, but I did feel like I had more control over some gunfights where I normally wouldn't in retail. Suppression feels nerfed in a way. One thing that is concrete is that the map loads faster. I didn't experience any game bugs except a chat bug which I reported on Github.

Suppression is turned off on all servers i think. That is deffently one thing that will give you more control.

The visual effect or the added spread? Or both?

faddn

Mon May 11, 2015 12:22 am

Professor.Oak wrote:
faddn wrote:

The visual effect or the added spread? Or both?

Both.

Return to “Announcements”