WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
utopiate
Re: Mod Support is Here!

Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:50 pm

Miz, go goole 'Cassus Belli'. It was a full conversion mod for crysis wars turning it into a miltary shooter like BF. It took so long that they never had a playerbase left which is a shame as the mod is beautiful and plays superb but alas they have never even had one server full. I'm not simply 'whining' as you put it but expressing genuine concern that this project will fail before it's even started.

mizudg

Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:59 pm

That mod was for the original Crysis (Warhead), and it didn't have enough people for Multiplayer in the first place anyway because most people couldn't run the SP, let alone play with others at that time. Battlefield is simply going downhill since BC2, which was the last true BF in my opinion, with free content patches that added onto the game and a paid DLC which was worth it since it actually changed the game (just compare Vietnam to Hardline - 5 guns, a bunch of new maps and a bit of tweaking on the guns). BF3 can be saved and VU is the way to do it. There's still a huge playerbase on PC and there will be more reasons for it to expand once VU is out. Keep in mind that VU doesn't have a lot of people, not only because there aren't that many keys out there, but also due to the lack of promotion. And as stated in the past, they don't want to promote something that isn't even out yet as things may change over the development course and displease some of the fans who were in it for one thing or the other. Imagine if all the popular BF YouTubers were given codes and let in to try out the features (when they are developed and brought in), similar to how they did with BF4 and Hardline while still in Alpha/Closed Beta. Imagine how they play on night time maps, with custom settings and more server-side events (like turning Levolution on and off in an instant or adding in new props / moving old ones). With enough publicity, any game can gain the playerbase it needs. I don't exactly remember which game it was (think it was a Tony Hawk Pro Skater but don't remember which) that PewDiePie played a while ago and the publishers ordered more copies to be made (for an old game that was no longer in production) since people demanded to play it. When Nofate and Kiwidog decide it's time to let in the hounds, they will. Or if they don't want to promote themselves through YouTubers, there are plenty of other ways (including MordorHQ).

Lapin

Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:17 am

It's Lua, btw, not LUA.

HueHueHue
Ding dong bannu

kiwidog

Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:48 am

inb4 Project Reality VU style. inb4 more players than hardline :/
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

3ti65

Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:21 am

@Kiwi: You suppose that'd be a bad thing? I really want to mod a PR style game with other people, would the VU devs mind such a project?

kiwidog

Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:36 pm

3ti65 wrote:@Kiwi: You suppose that'd be a bad thing? I really want to mod a PR style game with other people, would the VU devs mind such a project?

I'd love that actually, if someone actually wanted to set up a proper team and work on it.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

3ti65

Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:08 am

kiwidog wrote:I'd love that actually, if someone actually wanted to set up a proper team and work on it.

-> PM

kiwidog

Mon May 04, 2015 7:28 pm

mizudg wrote: Battlefield is simply going downhill since BC2, which was the last true BF in my opinion, ...

And that is why you are a scrub, Battlefield 2 was the last true BF. :lol:
<3 love you long time mizu.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

mizudg

Tue May 05, 2015 8:16 am

I still hop in BC2 from time to time and I must say, I enjoy it more than the new games. Since 2142 isn't active and BF2's hard to set-up with ReviveBF2 working when it feels like working, BC2 is the only game I can really play with ease (and no browser plugins required) and still get that BF feel when squads rush together or when I'm playing slow and methodical with friends, capping objectives one at a time.

CaptainAvocado

Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:22 am

3ti65 wrote:
kiwidog wrote:I'd love that actually, if someone actually wanted to set up a proper team and work on it.

-> PM

I'd.. you know.. join too, since i'm a character modeler and all..

Return to “Announcements”