WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Alpha-1338
Re: Anyone playing VE!?

Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:56 am

mizudg wrote:On a side-note, I got a spare key so if anyone is DYING to see what VU is like, I can send it to him.

i sent you a PM :D

TacTicToe

Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:44 am

Alpha-1338 wrote:i would apriciate that the code which weren't redeemed after 3-6months after sent out should be "retourned" to VU, so those who want to participate in the closed beta get a chance to improve the mod ;)

i would be grateful, if there wouldn't be so much "wannabe's", who signed up for the beta, but maybe never play, because they don't remember or just don't give a f*ck...

Geez Professor Oak, just how many accounts do you have on this forum??? :roll:
]Image

blueman24

Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:35 am

^LOL

Professor.Oak

Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:03 pm

Nope, that's not me. To many grammar mistakes. It's just someone who speaks their mind, just like me.

Tito1BW

Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:04 pm

people play the game now its empty

gokarter64

Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:46 am

i check my email daily to look for a code. even though i didn't get in with the first 450 i remain hopeful for the next wave of codes. i cant wait to play a round of bf3 in which i can actually see what i am doing XD

HunteR97

Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:08 pm

who actually still play bf3 regularly these days, the answer is non to few BUT who is willing to play VU right now: a lot of people, and no not for the game it self but for the other players the ones who actually make it fun to play, EA servers right now are full of assholes with a not so friendly community, unlike here where every one is a friend "expect for Kerrigan he will stab you the moment he sees you" .

any way please notice me NF senpai :oops: in your next wave :roll:

* jk lol but be careful around him any way. I saw him once using the BAN hammer and it was just BLOOD every where, oh that poor poor member :(

mizudg

Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:57 pm

Once I have some more free time, I will try to organize people to play VU, just the same as I did with BC2 a year ago (several times in fact). This way, we can play on nice non-color tinted maps and enjoy VU with more populated servers.

MindFreak1987

Sun Jan 11, 2015 2:02 pm

Nah, there should have been a more strict way of applying for keys, first of all everybody who even wanted a key should have sent their, origin id with proof of owning the game in the first place.

If that happened than this would be avoided easily. Now idk how to change the situation, since just like most of you guys mentioned earlier that most of those who applied for the keys probably forgot about VU.. :roll:
Moje je srce hotel Nacional, u njemu soba, nema im broja, za svaku moju ljubav po jedna, a do te svake po jedna tvoja.

lycanwrath

Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:07 pm

mizudg wrote:So eventhough everyone knew of the risks of getting in and waiting until open beta, you're still saying more keys should've been given to active forum members. If you don't remember, the keys' holders are handpicked by NF so the chance of there being inactive members of the forum getting keys is REALLY slim. Also, it's the holidays. People go back to their families, hometowns, etc. Maybe when they come back in early January they'll be like "oh... I got a code, let's use it". And ALSO as far as I recall, MordorHQ members got keys as well, yet I've seen no one on the servers and those guys are active, so there, that should be enough proof. Last but not least, the keys are being sent out in waves and 450 keys were ACTIVATED [not used] (and in those the Harmonic Electricity and X-mas Giveaway are included which are probably half if not more), so your chance will come eventually. If NF needs more people, he'll invite more people. Currently, there isn't much to do in the beta anyway. Aside from the blue tint removed and the spectator, there isn't much to see, so you're not missing on it yet. The Rime features are yet to come and NF is testing different things at the moment, so for those of you who can't wait, you're really not missing in on much atm. Half the time I log in there's like 7-8 people playing on a map that is running Conquest Large with 800 tickets. Even if I join it, it's still not as fun to play as vanilla, so just give it some time and it will fill up. On a side-note, I got a spare key so if anyone is DYING to see what VU is like, I can send it to him, but make sure you at least contribute by checking in regularly instead of "OMG THE MENU IS GORGEOUS, OMG NO TINT, OMG... no one is playing? Oh well, will wait until open beta *uninstall* ".

Well, I do participate in the BF4 CTE occasionally and understand the idea behind a closed testing initiative (it is in no way intended to be competitive/super-fun)
If in the future, I get the chance to be invited in VU Closed Beta, I will try to help.

Edit: Having specific goals set to those participating in the closed beta might be fruitful imo, if not already done.. (e.g setting and communicating the "things" open beta users should concentrate their effort on on a bi-weekly basis)
Last edited by lycanwrath on Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Discussion”