WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Nasipal
Airplane f18 - (movement) physics data problem... but it is

Sat Dec 13, 2014 9:55 am

Hello! How i understand physics of data movement are server sided. I want to run server on Nexus with Airplanes that can be used by players. Now i have spawned f18. I edit "entry parameter" and create an "exit point" so now i can get in and get out from it. But problems start here: it fly up and down only, also changing camera position is not apply. So What i want to ask is it possible to add CORRECT data movement to make it able to fly by using w,a,s,d and mouse, ONLY by changing SERVER side data? I want to make it available for Nexus BBC2 community with out downloading any files to client. Thank for any Help

mouz

Re: Airplane f18 - (movement) physics data problem... but it

Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:59 pm

In case you're not aware, Emi-liano has already done all of this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcX4vMjcgQQ
You can use physics from the bad baubau's airplanes mod, and just tweak the parameters so that they feel like an f18

Also without downloading it is not possible, due to many sync problems that would occur (clients wouldn't be even able to load the map)

Nasipal

Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:25 pm

Yes i know about emiliano and badbaubau mods. But i dont know where i can find any information about MOVEMENT system of Jet or about how do thay do that. On mordor HQ i saw only Resolt of them work but not steps tooked to reach that target. I need to put normal input controls and camera only. How i understand physics of data movement are server sided. Now i have sucessfully created new SERVER SIDED "VehicleExitPointComponentData" (new vehicle component) and edit "PlayerEntry ComponentData" so now i can FLY on STATIC jet (bad of course + bad camera position) but serversided . I need to do same with controls and camera position ONLY. Also it use "CameraComponentData" with static camera. Do any one know - can it be moved or not, or i need to create new component? Is Camera can be moved server side only? Becouse for example when i move spawn camera on map or flags it is not work with out client side. Need to try put normal "input" to test how server work how syncronisation is work. Also i try to extract files like you say from "Client_Community_MapPack_v1"and mod tool give me error: There are problem in the argiving procces. Are script still there?" So any ideas guys?

mouz

Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:51 pm

So you're telling me you added a jet, and made it enter-able with a clean client? 100% server sided? That there are no missing shaders, icons or hud elements? Camera position is client sided. That's for sure since I've edited it a few times. Changing the physics of the airplane would mean adding new assets, which by itself means it would require a client mod. Even if it's possible to be done without a client mod it would most likely be extremely clumsy and unresponsive since you couldn't have prediction enabled.

https://mega.co.nz/#!jIBRAApC!Nxa14xJIr ... cIhWIixWcs works for me

Nasipal

Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:30 pm

Yes i add new vehicle component on server side only, so you can enter to server now took f18 and fly :D (bad fly but fly). Also you can exit from it and enter again ;) . But now i will try to put there new engine AGAIN-> type="Physics.Jet Engine ConfigData"> it is a jet engine from PWC test.dbx. And i swith engine to jetboat engine but it is not give better resolt then it where before. Now i will test it again to find out how to set MOVEMENT data. But i think even if i made changes and it will not give resolt i will put same to client side to find out why it is not work :idea: . Su39 can shoot but cant fly :x f18 can fly but cant shoot... So i have su39 at field in laguna alta it can shoot only and also default camera position there is better then in f18 ( f18 -camera is like in core of plane). Thank you for link, look's like i download same but from other link will try...If you are interested to see how it work contact me please becouse my server is not run always - i edit + test it = open, close ;) name" Napisal mod Server". Now i successfully open Client_Community_MapPack_v1.rar. Thank you for link.
Last edited by Nasipal on Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nasipal

Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:15 am

Ok! Now i see: havok physics response for movement, mesh for view. Camera - server sided, like and many other things. But i have server sided static su39 with enter,exit components and it is even able to fly :D . But to fo somethin '!@#%' need both sides...and update tool for ,it will be nice if client be able to download or update map, when player enter to new map. Also Client_Community_MapPack_v1.exe AWESOME! But no one play there...So here is a name of server "Big Air Combat |Map Pack v1| Napisal Server" fresh link to download, and new Instlaller package : https://mega.co.nz/#!k9lhlBAS!s07ND7Zts ... zUMB83tIfA

mouz

Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:51 pm

Nasipal wrote:server side static su 39 airplane test :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O04z9uE ... e=youtu.be

Nice!

weavii

Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:37 pm

Nasipal wrote:server side static su 39 airplane test :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O04z9uE ... e=youtu.be

This is 100% server side? Really cool!

weavii

Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:20 am

*bump*
Do you mind if we host a test server with your files?

Return to “Modifications”