WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
neverhangover
Binoculars ?

Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:59 am

I don't know how other people feel about it, but I would actually find it useful. As a Recon, I sometimes ran with the 3.4x PKA-S Magnum, just to be able to scout ahead, before giving away my position to everyone by that f*cking scope glare. Then I stopped using scopes above 4x altogether. 8-)

However, as someone suggested that we could scrape together an SRAW from the stationary AT,
(which could be kind of a game-breaker for choppers, as it is in BF4 now, but whatever,sounds fun)
creating a binocular could be a lot easier even.
We *just* need to take a weapon, dublicate it as a gadget or something, hook it up with a 12x scope, then change ADS reticle/picture, and finally remove scope glint for that device.

If it is possible, It would be great if it wasn't class-specific, as I often run recon-like loadouts on CQ large with every class
ex.:
-G3A3 (4x ACOG,Heavy barrel,Foregrip/Bipod) M320 (for tanks/helis/IFVs)
-Scar-H (4x ACOG,Heavy barrel, Foregrip) RPG/Stinger, Repair tool
-M240B (4x ACOG,Flash supp.,Bipod) C4
-MK 11 Mod 0 (4x ACOG,Foregrip,Suppressor) XBOW-Explosives (for tanks/helis/IFVs)

I could be looking into it once VU reaches Open Beta, but wanted to get people's opinions anyways.

To peeps: How do you guys feel about it?
To Devs: Is it possible ?

Thank you. ;)

mizudg

Re: Binoculars ?

Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:08 am

If we're to believe Kiwi that stuff from Battlefield 4 can be added later, then yes. The PLD is exactly the gadget any Recon in any BF game needs. It's an IRNV binocular with zoom accessed via toggle. I find myself playing a lot of lone recon on HC BF4 with a M98B and the PLD. It really makes you feel like a sniper since spotting isn't possible and you have to count the bullet distance so you don't give yourself away (because in BF4 snipers have tracer rounds ._.)

Sammuel

Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:55 am

will we be able to disable sniper glare in Venice (server side) all together if we so chose?
Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

neverhangover

Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:10 am

Sammuel wrote:will we be able to disable sniper glare in Venice (server side) all together if we so chose?

Yes. It was already possible before the Aftermath patch.
It was a highlighted feature of Promod(tm).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tPHia4fqn4

Return to “General Discussion”