WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
WarBeast-GT-
Re: Hosting

Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:38 am

NoFaTe wrote:
WarBeast-GT- wrote:That let me come to another question: Can we run the server with more than one thread? For server CPUs without high single core speed.

No, that's how the frostbite engine is designed and there's not much we can do about it.

But you could run the server with more than one thread with the official server files.

"Multithreading

The game server is (mostly) singlethreaded by default. If your server machine does not have a high enough CPU frequency to run a 64-player instance at full speed, you can enable multithreading to get around this limitation.

-Server.ThreadingEnable <enabled : boolean> (default: false)

By default threading is disabled. If set to true, threading will be enabled; then, the number of processors that will be used is controlled by -Core.JobProcessorCount.

-Core.JobProcessorCount <numCores : integer>

The default for a server instance – assuming that threading is enabled – is to use all cores on the machine. You can use this setting to limit the number of cores that the server instance will use. A sensible number is somewhere in the range 2-4 cores; increasing the parallelization above that amount will make the server instance burn more resources without running much faster."

That's what I copied from the official server provider documentation.

utopiate

Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:20 pm

So I wonder if we will see a 128slot 24/7 Bandar Desert? lol

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:29 am

WarBeast-GT- wrote:But you could run the server with more than one thread with the official server files.

"Multithreading

The game server is (mostly) singlethreaded by default. If your server machine does not have a high enough CPU frequency to run a 64-player instance at full speed, you can enable multithreading to get around this limitation.

-Server.ThreadingEnable <enabled : boolean> (default: false)

By default threading is disabled. If set to true, threading will be enabled; then, the number of processors that will be used is controlled by -Core.JobProcessorCount.

-Core.JobProcessorCount <numCores : integer>

The default for a server instance – assuming that threading is enabled – is to use all cores on the machine. You can use this setting to limit the number of cores that the server instance will use. A sensible number is somewhere in the range 2-4 cores; increasing the parallelization above that amount will make the server instance burn more resources without running much faster."

That's what I copied from the official server provider documentation.

Enabling this causes various issues and undefined behavior.
It wasn't until late BF4 server revisions that they actually started fixing MT support for the server.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

blueman24

Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:02 pm

Instead of 128 player servers, I would like something like this: http://youtu.be/lyFYeLneEqk?list=UUP7QY ... -stL-pNFrw

mizudg

Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:24 pm

Even in real war scenarios, I doubt we'll see 128 people shooting each other on a any map from BF. Even if we add some gigantic map with tons of flags, they still need to be balanced and not just a "64 man rush on middle". 3 Factions are too many for the game, 2 is enough. The maps aren't designed properly for 64 players (or at least most aren't). I hate to play 64 players on Canals or Grand Bazaar, even Seine Crossing. There's a reason why 64 players work on maps like Sabalan Pipeline,Death Valley and B2K maps. They're made for 64 players and they work with 64 players because it's not crammed. :ugeek:

Paulofonta

Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:27 pm

blueman24 wrote:Instead of 128 player servers, I would like something like this: http://youtu.be/lyFYeLneEqk?list=UUP7QY ... -stL-pNFrw

That guy is right. Less rushing, more tactics.

RobbingHood

Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:51 pm

mizudg wrote:3 Factions are too many for the game, 2 is enough.

I'd love to see 3 factions tbh.

Kerrigan

Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:03 am

RobbingHood wrote:I'd love to see 3 factions tbh.

US, RU and PLR

Would've been possible, but no...

Manchoo

Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:07 pm

Kerrigan wrote:
US, RU and PLR

Would've been possible, but no...

it will not be possible to change skins and rename or create a faction ?

XuluniX

Wed Sep 17, 2014 6:30 pm

Change the skins and rename should be possible.

Return to “General Discussion”