WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
peperonski
Hosting

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:27 am

Hi guys,

I have a question for all of you guys.

Is it possible to host now a local server for join yourself and practice? For example drive choppers or jets, i'm telling you this because i've seen a few topics on YouTube showing how to host a local server with the r38 files.

So is that possible to host a local server with r38 without the need of having the v.u enabled yet?

Thank's in advance.

mizudg

Re: Hosting

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:49 am

If you wanna rent a server on Battlelog, of course you can. But when VU is out, you won't need any server files, because it combines the Client/Server into one and you can host a server from the game itself.

peperonski

Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:44 am

Before all thank you for your rapid response and very usefull your ancert.

I read the text of what the v.u is all about, but i asked it because i have the r38 files available for me and i wanted to know if there was any way to host a short server, even without the need someone to join my server, it's only for practice until the reléase date of v.u doesn't come out.

Thank you robinhood, as always you are aware of any question in this fórum.

Regards.

Kerrigan

Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:29 pm

peperonski wrote:Before all thank you for your rapid response and very usefull your ancert.

I read the text of what the v.u is all about, but i asked it because i have the r38 files available for me and i wanted to know if there was any way to host a short server, even without the need someone to join my server, it's only for practice until the reléase date of v.u doesn't come out.

Thank you robinhood, as always you are aware of any question in this fórum.

Regards.

You can't host a server that easily. On Battlelog servers need a whitelisted IP, otherwise the server won't authenticate itself with Blaze. There is a way to host a private server for BF3 but that's none of our concern.

It's fact that VU won't make use of the server files since the client becomes it's own server.

Manchoo

Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:15 pm

ok thanks, but we will have 2 clients running with the same license (one for hosting on a dedicated server, second for playing on our computer) or VU will dissociate client & server ?

Kerrigan

Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:36 pm

Manchoo wrote:ok thanks, but we will have 2 clients running with the same license (one for hosting on a dedicated server, second for playing on our computer) or VU will dissociate client & server ?

Dedicated servers won't require an Origin-license... that would make no sense.

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:29 pm

Kerrigan wrote:
Manchoo wrote:ok thanks, but we will have 2 clients running with the same license (one for hosting on a dedicated server, second for playing on our computer) or VU will dissociate client & server ?

Dedicated servers require a license, just like regular clients, since we are not touching the DRM.
However, that's a one-time process that occurs during installation.

You will be able to have more than one clients running with the same license, since we do not directly associate it with your account for security reasons.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

Kerrigan

Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:36 pm

NoFaTe wrote:Dedicated servers require a license, just like regular clients, since we are not touching the DRM.

You will be able to have more than one clients running with the same license, since we do not directly associate it with your account for security reasons.

Thanks for correcting me.

That brings me to another question:

If i would like to host a server locally i could use one client on my machine to host a server and another client on my machine to join it. My machine would become dedicated server and client at the same time.

Another possibility would be to host the server on a dedicated machine within the network. Simple.

But: Can a client host a game and join it at the same time ? Like in CS, where you are able to host a game (being the host) and play at the same time ?

Also, is that backendless connection still on the roadmap ?

WarBeast-GT-

Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:10 pm

NoFaTe wrote:
Kerrigan wrote:

Dedicated servers require a license, just like regular clients, since we are not touching the DRM.

Wait, does that mean we need to install Origin on the dedicated server too? Because when you move the client you doesn't move the license file with it.

Edit: License files are stored at X:\ProgramData\Electronic Arts\EA Services\License and are generated unique for each PC, am I right? So you can't just copy them to another PC?

Return to “General Discussion”