WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Manchoo
Re: Modding in Venice Unleashed - Part 2

Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:09 pm

which plugins will be in Rime for importing things like from Havock, 3dmax ... ?

mizudg

Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:21 pm

Manchoo wrote:which plugins will be in Rime for importing things like from Havock, 3dmax ... ?

I think that if they've given this much info, they aren't ready to share it to the world or just forgot to. Oh well, MORE BLOG POSTS!

blueman24

Thu May 01, 2014 3:54 am

mizudg wrote: think that if they've given this much info, they aren't ready to share it to the world or just forgot to. Oh well, MORE BLOG POSTS!

Manchoo

Sun May 04, 2014 6:55 pm

the real thing i would like to know is if there will have such plugins in Rime, i don't need to know which for the moment ;)

kiwidog

Tue May 06, 2014 2:19 pm

Manchoo wrote:the real thing i would like to know is if there will have such plugins in Rime, i don't need to know which for the moment ;)

Depending on what your definitions mean, you will be able to export and import and re-import after, "plugins" I guess.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

SnakekillerX

Mon May 19, 2014 8:23 am

Nice work guys, the possibilities of all the new content are getting me excited.
Now I was just wondering, and its probably been asked, and answered somewhere else already but.. Is there any chance of pure server side hit detection? The hit detection is probably my biggest problem with is game and the new one..

I'm sure you've all experienced this.. someone is shooting at you, you take cover but 2 seconds later you are dead, because on the other person's screen you didn't actually take cover yet. This leads me to think in a certain way.. why take cover at all? might as well just accept that you are probably already dead at this point and continue shooting in hopes that your client registers a kill as well and you both die. This is easily the most complained about "feature" which for some reason people still try to defend. Any real competitive shooter should not have a prediction system... anyway enough about the rant. Just wondering if this is something that might be modified in the future. :)

mouz

Mon May 19, 2014 8:49 am

SnakekillerX I'm sure there will be server mods that fix this :)

Paulofonta

Mon May 19, 2014 10:41 am

You can't change the way the game engine works through a mod.
However, it will be possible to host local dedicated servers, wich means that you won't be playing with lagged people from far countries like it happens on the original game, since on the original game you can only play on servers wich got authorized by EA, wich most countries don't have.
Last edited by Paulofonta on Mon May 19, 2014 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mouz

Mon May 19, 2014 11:03 am

We'll see.

kiwidog

Wed May 21, 2014 3:21 pm

Paulofonta wrote:You can't change the way the game engine works through a mod.
However, it will be possible to host local dedicated servers, wich means that you won't be playing with lagged people from far countries like it happens on the original game, since on the original game you can only play on servers wich got authorized by EA, wich most countries don't have.

Then what do you call VU ;)

Anyway, it may be possible, I haven't looked into it very much but maybe eventually.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

Return to “Blog”