WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
krug
Split from 'Server Hosting in Venice Unleashed'

Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:39 am

These posts were originally in the 'Server Hosting in Venice Unleashed' topic, and have been split due their off-topic nature.
They have been re-posted here for your enjoyment.

Kerrigan wrote:@NoFaTe +1 Difficult to have an argument against that statement. ;)

Arguments were written above you!
neverhangover +1

Russian emulator made ​​in 2 weeks. They already play there!

zesty

Re: Server Hosting in Venice Unleashed

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:03 am

krug wrote:
Kerrigan wrote:@NoFaTe +1 Difficult to have an argument against that statement. ;)

neverhangover +1

[pics]

I think it's still in concept according to the last pic.

Kerrigan

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:09 am

@ Krug

THAT argument is invalid.

As NoFaTe stated on unknowncheats.me VU is targeting a different group of players than BEEPBOP.

NoFaTe and kiwidog are trying to bring an "unleashed" gaming experience to BF3.

That means better handling of the single components, no need of Battlelog in an extra browser window, own servers (fix for that massive size of the client files will follow), LAN possibility, selfmade, implemented cvars for changing visuals and other options client AND serverside, mods, etc. etc.

If you're able to compare VU and BEEPBOP then you will notice that BEEPBOP is a hacked-together piece of code which isn't even running stable.

VU required a long coding and testing phase because it's ambitions are way up higher than simply bringing a PIRATED game to players.

It's quality vs piracy.

Now it's your turn!

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:20 am

krug wrote:

neverhangover +1

If you're so ignorant to not realize the difference between the two projects, and you think that VU is a way for you to play your pirated copy for free, then you shouldn't be here in the first place.

And since I've already explained it a million times, I'll let someone else have the honor.

- Edit -

Ninja'd by Kerrigan.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

MAGIC

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:26 am

Reminds me of aIW/4D1 and the copycats

krug

Russians.

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:32 am

stop stop stop! Piracy? :lol:
good start
1. Why are you on our word bаttlefield changes to battlefiold? What are you afraid?
2. BBC2 license this project?
3. Have you ever wondered why closed proekt warfare2 Activision? It did ntauthority
4. Any use of game files, names, logos and Using them for their own purposes is illegal!
5. Any lawyer will give you a bunch of many that would put you in jail or pay a claim! Do not keep users for fools!

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:42 am

krug wrote:stop stop stop! Piracy? :lol:
good start
1. Why are you on our word bаttlefield changes to battlefiold? What are you afraid?
2. BBC2 license this project?
3. Have you ever wondered why closed proekt wrfare2 Activision? It did ntauthority
4. Any use of game files, names, logos and Using them for their own purposes is illegal!
5. Any lawyer will give you a bunch of many that would put you in jail or pay a claim! Do not keep users for fools!

To summarize:
1) There's something called 'trademarks', which are protected by international copyright law.
2) The only reason you can play BC2 on our servers with an unlicensed copy is because EA removed the DRM with the latest patch. We do not support or condone illegal activity.
3) What?
4) Of course it is, though we're not using any of that, and even if we did, it would fall under fair usage policy.
5) Apparently you're the one who's the fool, not having a single clue about what you're talking about. Do you research, get your facts straight, and then speak.

Finally, since I've had enough of you and your friend whining on my forums, on the next sight of disturbance, I will have to take more drastic measures.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:44 am

NoFaTe wrote:1) There's something called 'trademarks', which are protected by international copyright law.

This doesn't exist in Russia. apperently
NoFaTe wrote:3) What?

Wat
There used to be a signature here.

MAGIC

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:45 am

3.) ATVI didn't shutdown aIW, 4D1

Paulofonta

Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:47 am

krug, your logics are broken.
VU isn't going to provide any way to play pirated games.
We will not be providing game files. It's up to the user to buy the game and use it with our client patch.
I wouldn't even have bought the game if it wasn't for this project. So, I think this project is actually working the opposite way of piracy.

Return to “Random Discussion”