WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
zesty
Call of Duty Online, the free to play in China

Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:10 am

First I'd like to complain the limit of title, oh come on just extend the limit of that :(
It a multi-post, which I've already posted in Refint and aiw3. I think there could be members also playing CoD, so I just decide to post it here too.

This time, the steps are quite easy. So I think I'll just post it just with texts for most.

Before we start, let me explain how did would it works. You have to join in a voice communicating channel powered by QT, a Tencent's VOIP tool. Then, idle 1 hour = 1 chance to roll the lucky draw, and you can only do this at 10:00 - 24:00, GMT +8. The other time you get into it won't count in the idle time, and you can only get 3 chances per day. Also, this event will be end at 28th at this month.

1, Click the following link:
http://qt.qq.com/act/a20140114codol/

2, Download http://dldir1.qq.com/qt/QT4.3.8.10939.exe and install it. Then click "进入QT141" and then do nothing else but idling for at least an hour, The default channel is just for idling, so don't worry about noises or else.

3, After 1 hour, click the "点击抽取激活码" button on the page. Remember to check the number on right, if there's a 0 means you have no chances left this day.

4, check the result, if it's something like this:

It means nope you didn't get it :/

if it doesn't looks like that, maybe you just get invited! I'll keep trying to get my account invited, and I'll post how does it looks like in this thread.

Edit: I've add steps to join the channel manually. If you're having problems on joining the CODOL channel in QT, make sure to follow the following steps:

1, make sure you are on a page of lots of Chinese girls, :facepalm: it would looks like this:

2, move your cursor to the textbox which has "请输入房间号码" in it, it's on the top of the app, and has an enter mark on right.

3, type "141" without quotes and press enter.

3, you should be in the right channel now, it would be like this:

Just make sure you've seen strings like Call of Duty Online and sth related to that.

mizudg

Re: Call of Duty Online, the free to play in China

Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:13 am

Wait.. .if this is in Chinese and in China only... doesn't it make sense that people all over the world WON'T be able to play it due to high-pinged servers (even if it did work International). Might as well just tag this in the Chinese category

TacTicToe

Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:46 am

Tried NTA's version of this game. It sucks, even for free. :|
]Image

xheon

Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:40 am

Nah i gave up on free to play games some time ago only a few Korean companies know how to do it right everything else is total bs.... Also a few cod emulators are gonna be released soon so for me there is no point in playing this. (too bad 4d1 is not around anymore )

mizudg

Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:15 am

xheon wrote:Nah i gave up on free to play games some time ago only a few Korean companies know how to do it right everything else is total bs.... Also a few cod emulators are gonna be released soon so for me there is no point in playing this. (too bad 4d1 is not around anymore )

VALVe know how to F2P... VALVe know how to do everything right, even microtransactions (CSGO)

zesty

Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:14 am

mizudg wrote:Wait.. .if this is in Chinese and in China only... doesn't it make sense that people all over the world WON'T be able to play it due to high-pinged servers (even if it did work International). Might as well just tag this in the Chinese category

There're actually a lot of non-Chinese speakers being active on the official forum, and some of them even seem like to have access to the game even. So I don't think random matching games won't be that bad.

TacTicToe wrote:Tried NTA's version of this game. It sucks, even for free. :|

There're huge differences between CoD:OL and Warfare², which is based on an much more early version of CoD:OL, the latest test of this game even has ZM mode in it.

xheon wrote:Nah i gave up on free to play games some time ago only a few Korean companies know how to do it right everything else is total bs.... Also a few cod emulators are gonna be released soon so for me there is no point in playing this. (too bad 4d1 is not around anymore )

It's actually developed by ATVI Shanghai and Raven, not a single Korean company is touching this game :D

MAGIC

Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:12 pm

Damn lost the first attempt

death_stalker_ak47

Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:07 pm

Since I don't understand chinese and I don't like cod games I say no.
WARNING

Sammuel

Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:13 am

>COD
>on This forum
>wut.

anyway seeing how its just a COD4 COD6 COD7 remake; nah.
Check out my latest project! http://popcorntime.io

zesty

Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:00 am

Sammuel wrote:>COD
>on This forum
>wut.

anyway seeing how its just a COD4 COD6 COD7 remake; nah.

I guess there would be someone here love CoD too :s

Return to “Random Discussion”