WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube
Laguna Presa has changed...

Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:31 pm

(Testing with Friends:)
(A Heli at the top right corner is not visible ):)

Update: You can now try it out on the server "Exclusive New Map by Rodney!" :)

A rather bad YouTube Video is available here:

More Details:

- This Mod is completely Serversided
- > Results in smaller bugs like the capturing progress indicator not working and minimap still only showing the vanilla region
- Was testet with up to 30 players and has proven to be quite good balanced
- Still WIP; Boats and more Jetskis to be added at regions like C and US/RU Base
- Will be released when it's ready™
There used to be a signature here.

Rodney

Re: Laguna Presa has changed...

Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:02 am

Small Updates:

[Bot] Google

Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:13 pm

Rodney wrote:

3:17 It is correct. In russian version of the game this parameter called latency and it's true. Latency in BFBC2 consists of ping, that you see in the server browser and your fps.
Here some examples:

ping__fps__ingame result
1ms + 60 ≈ 60-75
1ms + 120 ≈ 50-60
1ms + 150 ≈ 45-55
1ms + 170 ≈ 40-48
1ms + 200 ≈ 30-40

Rodney wrote:Small Updates:

Can you make tutorials, how to separate modded maps from the vanilla and how to add new loading screen image? :)

beastybell

Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:00 pm

Das ist fantastisch! :D Nicely done Rodney, as always! ;)

Rodney

Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:19 pm

[Bot] Google wrote:3:17 It is correct. In russian version of the game this parameter called latency and it's true. Latency in BFBC2 consists of ping, that you see in the server browser and your fps.
Here some examples:

ping__fps__ingame result
1ms + 60 ≈ 60-75
1ms + 120 ≈ 50-60
1ms + 150 ≈ 45-55
1ms + 170 ≈ 40-48
1ms + 200 ≈ 30-40

Only my ping + my fps would lead to much better reslts on most servers, so that's not quite true.
Latency consits of ping (the pure network latency) and packet processing, as BFBC2 server run at 30 ticks this is at least 33.3ms on the serverside, depending on your client fps the latency drops because the packet processing on the clientside is much faster.

Currently I'm not planning any tutorials on this, but maybe I will start a little streaming at some point while testing out stuff, check the IRC Channel. There is much to do on this map, but there are other things I'd like to share with everyone if the first part works.

[Bot] Google

Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:55 pm

Rodney wrote:Only my ping + my fps would lead to much better reslts on most servers, so that's not quite true.
Latency consits of ping (the pure network latency) and packet processing, as BFBC2 server run at 30 ticks this is at least 33.3ms on the serverside, depending on your client fps the latency drops because the packet processing on the clientside is much faster.

Currently I'm not planning any tutorials on this, but maybe I will start a little streaming at some point while testing out stuff, check the IRC Channel. There is much to do on this map, but there are other things I'd like to share with everyone if the first part works.

I forgot about serverside processing. If it 33.3ms on the serverside, how can I have latency 30-33?

Modded map is cool, but you use interesting techniques (separate modded map, loading screen image), that nobody using before. I think, this technique is more interesting than map, because other modders would be able to create maps without editing vanilla. you can just record what you do and upload without any edeting or record stream and post the link.

Eipinifrin

Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:12 pm

send pasword for virusss cantgo in forgat pasvord

CactusPie

Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:57 pm

Eipinifrin wrote:send pasword for virusss cantgo in forgat pasvord

There you go: ucp.php?i=profile&mode=reg_details

If there are any errors please let me know.

Rodney

Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:02 am

[Bot] Google wrote:
Rodney wrote:Only my ping + my fps would lead to much better reslts on most servers, so that's not quite true.

I forgot about serverside processing. If it 33.3ms on the serverside, how can I have latency 30-33?

Modded map is cool, but you use interesting techniques (separate modded map, loading screen image), that nobody using before. I think, this technique is more interesting than map, because other modders would be able to create maps without editing vanilla. you can just record what you do and upload without any edeting or record stream and post the link.

Actually the different loadingscreen is the original one, I have no idea really why it's used in my map ^^

[Bot] Google

Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:09 am

Rodney wrote:Actually the different loadingscreen is the original one, I have no idea really why it's used in my map ^^

:) But Laguna Presa Large is not original map, if it realy works like another map, it's awesome. I have no idea how you do this ))

Return to “Modifications”