WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Fila2208
Smoke kills my fps.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:47 pm

Hello.
Im having a problem in bc2 and vietnam.
Im running i5 4670k, with gt 240 nvidia. Yes, i know that card is old. I just borrow it from friend until my 7950 arrives.

In the meantime i play vietnam, but whenever there is smoke or explosions, my fps drops from 80 all the way to 15.
Insane, i mean i have to avoid all that stuff and cant shoot from tanks cuz when they shoot my fps drops.

I optimized my options, all to low, dx 9, drivers are up to date, CPU is used about ~40%.

Fps is 60-80, in smoke 10-20 :(

Any way to lower the quality of smoke or something? Thank you!!

mizudg

Re: Smoke kills my fps.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:02 pm

Fila2208 wrote:Hello.
Im having a problem in bc2 and vietnam.
Im running i5 4670k, with gt 240 nvidia. Yes, i know that card is old. I just borrow it from friend until my 7950 arrives.

In the meantime i play vietnam, but whenever there is smoke or explosions, my fps drops from 80 all the way to 15.
Insane, i mean i have to avoid all that stuff and cant shoot from tanks cuz when they shoot my fps drops.

I optimized my options, all to low, dx 9, drivers are up to date, CPU is used about ~40%.

Fps is 60-80, in smoke 10-20 :(

Any way to lower the quality of smoke or something? Thank you!!

Edit your videocard settings via the Control Panel and reduce some AA settings. Might do the trick but best I can recommend you is just wait until your new one arrives

Fila2208

Re: Smoke kills my fps.

Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:54 pm

mizudg wrote:Edit your videocard settings via the Control Panel and reduce some AA settings. Might do the trick but best I can recommend you is just wait until your new one arrives

Thanks for response.
In bc2 its almost unplayable, especially in rush where is lots of confilict and explosions.

oh well, will look at control panel...and wait for new one :)

Return to “Help and Support”