WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
emi-liano
Extra vehicles server side mod tutorial

Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:04 pm

How to get more vehicles

ME -Did you notice in the victory screen all the diferent vehicles?
YOU -Yes, so what?
-Well, you can use those vehicles just by modding your server files
-Really ? how many are they and what kind of vehicles?
-You have 6 black hawks and 2 F18 in valparaiso. 6 mi24 in Laguna presa rush. 3 ah60, 5 m1 Abrams tank (with unique cammo), 2 f18 and 2 su39 in isla inocentes. I could keep like this all day but you get the idea, just check the victory cinema at the end of the round of any map and you will see how many and what vehicles are hidden in that map.
-Nice, but how can i do this on my server? do i have to edit the client files? and this also work in vietnam?
-This mod is server side only, you can add lots of vehicles in many maps, and everybody can join without adding anything to the client files, and yes, is the same in vietnam, just watch the victory creen and see what maps have extra vehicles.
-OMG!
-I know, but don't get too exited adding too many vehcles to your map, becouse if you don't think about balance and strategic you will end with a crazy carnage map, believe me, i added all extra vehicles to isla inocentes and it was madness, the airspace was overcrowded, and the land was dominated for the almost inmortal m1 Abrams, so you better use just some of the extra vehicles or put them in strategic places and very distant from each other.
-Ok, shut up and tell me how to do this!
-Fine, you don't need to be rude, lets get to it.

what you need:
mod tools + server files.

1- Open a map with extra vehicles (not all the maps have extra vehicles, just the ones that show vehicles in the victory screen, we gonna use Laguna presa rush mp-009gr, but you can use any map)
go to the main dbx (levels\mp-009gr.dbx)

2- Go to the end of the file and search for VehicleSpawnEntityData and press search previous
check the name of the vehicle to be sure that it is an extra vehicle, it should say something like "Name">RUS_Win or "Name"> US_victory, once we are sure that this is an extra vehicle, we proceed to enable it

3- Check if it is enabled: <field name="Enabled">false</field> if is not, just change false to true.

4- Now edit <field name="SpawnVehicleFromBeginning">false</field> change false to true.

5- Set auto spawn to true <field name="AutoSpawn">true</field>

Ok with this you can save/archive and you will have a new mi24 never seen before in laguna presa, but will like to edit a few more parameters, like where it is gonna spawn and the max amount of this vehicles.

6- Change coordinate to where you like it, i will give you my personal coordinate plane for a few maps, so you can work with presicion
ImageImageImage

7- Enter restriction: you have to change the enter restriction mode, if not, only two players can enter the vehicle, (the driver, and the gunner)
to do that change: <field name="EnterRestriction">eerOnlyPrimaryEntry</field> to <field name="EnterRestriction">eerNoRestriction</field>

8- Set the ammount of vehicles:
search for <field name="Amount">0</field> this is how many vehicles will be after destroying one, lets say that you set it in 5, so after destroying 5 of this vehicles they will stop spawning. usually we play with this value in zero.

9- Now for the maximun ammount search for:
<field name="MaxVehicles">3</field> this one tells the game how many vehicles can be simultaneously in one team
<field name="MaxVehiclesPerMap">6</field> this one is how many vehicles can be simultaneously per map of both teams combined.

I think that is all. good luck!

Check the video to see what i am talking about
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WnNdm13 ... e=youtu.be

Note about the jets: you will be able to add the jets without touching your client files, but they are incomplete, in future tutorials i will tell you how to make them fully functional.

[Bot] Google

Re: Extra vehicles server side mod tutorial

Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:45 pm

Nice tutorial, I will try to do this. But it would be cool, if you post some map files :)

emi-liano

Sun Sep 01, 2013 7:49 pm

[Bot] Google wrote:Nice tutorial, I will try to do this. But it would be cool, if you post some map files :)

As far as i know the forum doesn't allow to post game files, i will add files in the video description.

[Bot] Google

Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:37 pm

emi-liano wrote:As far as i know the forum doesn't allow to post game files, i will add files in the video description.

Ok, thanks

I passed your tutorial and I have some problems:
I can't normally edit coordinates, especially with the z axis. I use PWC coordinates and little сhanged them and

Some time server works fine, even with a large number of players

But when attackers armed objectives, heli did not blow up as other vehicles. Is it possible that helicopter move with the base as on other maps?

And then server crashes with error

Code: Select all

[UTC 09/01/2013 20:00:20.748] Engine/Game/GameplayServer/Entities/Spawn/ServerVehicleSpawnEntity.cpp(1307): "Main": Assert: (!data<VehicleSpawnEntityData>().getAllowMulipleSpawn()) Function can't be used with multiple spawn for vehicles

But before multiple spawn works about 30 minutes
heli config

Code: Select all

<field name="Enumeration">0</field>
          <field name="Name">RUS_Win</field>
          <complex name="Transform">1.0/0/0/*zero*/0/1.0/0/*zero*/0/0/1.0/*zero*/-315.575012207/65.279296875/-305.459991455/*zero*</complex>
          <field name="Enabled">true</field>
          <field name="Team">Team2</field>
          <field name="Amount">0</field>
          <field name="SpawnDelay">5</field>
          <field name="InitializedSpawnDelay">0</field>
          <field name="AllowMulipleSpawn">true</field>
          <field name="Immortal">false</field>
          <field name="FakeImmortal">false</field>
          <array name="Vehicles" />
          <field ref="objects/vehicles/air/mi24/mi24_transport/d0d34dea-edd3-4dd1-a601-5d32869de79b" name="Vehicle" />
          <field name="TakeControlEntryIndex">0</field>
          <field name="RotationYaw">0</field>
          <field name="RotationPitch">0</field>
          <field name="RotationRoll">0</field>
          <field name="Throttle">0</field>
          <field name="Brake">0</field>
          <field name="RespawnRange">5.0</field>
          <field name="SpawnAreaRadius">2.5</field>
          <field name="TimeUntilAbandoned">10.0</field>
          <field name="TimeUntilAbandonedIsDestroyed">10.0</field>
          <field name="BotBailWhenHealthBelow">-1.0</field>
          <field name="BotBailOutDelay">0.5</field>
          <field name="KeepAliveRadius">50.0</field>
          <field name="WreckDuration">0</field>
          <field name="MaxVehicles">2</field>
          <field name="MaxVehiclesPerMap">4</field>
          <field name="MeshShaderSetNumber">0</field>
          <field name="AutoSpawn">true</field>
          <field name="ApplyDamageToAbandondedVehicles">false</field>
          <field name="SnapToSurface">true</field>
          <field name="SpawnVehicleFromBeginning">true</field>
          <field name="DestroyVehiclesOnDisable">false</field>
          <field name="SetTeamOnSpawn">false</field>
          <field name="EffectedByImpulse">true</field>
          <field name="LodDistance">125.0</field>
          <field name="EnterRestriction">eerNoRestriction</field>
          <field name="OnlySendEventForHumanPlayers">true</field>
          <field name="SendWeaponEvents">false</field>

[Bot] Google

Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:26 pm

Do you know how to rotate heli on the spawn position?

emi-liano

Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:47 am

[Bot] Google wrote:Do you know how to rotate heli on the spawn position?

The first three coordinates, (red), are responsable for rotation, copy this numbers from another vehicle or stationary weapon that match your desired rotation.
<complex name="Transform">1.0/0/0/*zero*/0/1.0/0/*zero*/0/0/1.0/*zero*/-317.354400635/69.4730072021/-305.656951904/*zero*</complex>
Is it possible that helicopter move with the base as on other maps?

Yes, use :
<field name="ApplyDamageToAbandondedVehicles">true</field> and
<field name="DestroyVehiclesOnDisable">true</field>
And then server crashes with error
[UTC 09/01/2013 20:00:20.748] Engine/Game/GameplayServer/Entities/Spawn/ServerVehicleSpawnEntity.cpp(1307): "Main": Assert: (!data<VehicleSpawnEntityData>().getAllowMulipleSpawn()) Function can't be used with multiple spawn for vehicles

This is because you enabled muliplespawn, muliplespawn doesn't work in all maps, the extra vehicles will spawn constantly even if muliplespawn is in false.

[Bot] Google

Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:13 am

emi-liano wrote:The first three coordinates, (red), are responsable for rotation, copy this numbers from another vehicle or stationary weapon that match your desired rotation.
<complex name="Transform">1.0/0/0/*zero*/0/1.0/0/*zero*/0/0/1.0/*zero*/-317.354400635/69.4730072021/-305.656951904/*zero*</complex>

I can't copy numbers from another vehicle because there no stationary weapons and vehicles around

I want something like this

[Bot] Google

Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:33 am

As I understand, to create 5 heli on the map I have to set 5 spawn positions and set up this parameters. or not?
<field name="ApplyDamageToAbandondedVehicles">true</field> and
<field name="DestroyVehiclesOnDisable">true</field>
but when I change "false" to "true" nothing happens and heli continue spawn on the first base

badbaubau

Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:12 am

emi-liano great work!

Return to “Modifications”