WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Bruce Lee
The Elephant In The Room

Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:05 pm

I am deeply disappointed by the venomously overbearing and unnecessarily personal attacks some people here choose to engage in. Accusing another person of being disrespectful when they clearly are not is an old lawyer trick. Obviously the intention was to shut down any discussion of the elephant in the room which is server lag and rampant team base wreckers. Note: I posted a simple solution in good faith which was nothing more than a suggestion to server admins to do with as they saw fit. The reason I posted on the main forum instead of individual server forums was because it was the simplest, quickest and most effective course of action. I was then immediately and viciously attacked by the staff and of course was further denied any self defense by locking the thread, lol. I have only posted on the forum extremely rarely and only when I felt I had something which would significantly improve or be helpful to the nexus based servers (for example preventing a server crash - see post about "Atacama Server Crash Exploit Fix") but since the staff here have made it clear that they are viciously opposed to free discussion I see its futile.
If this post isn't deleted I might make a suggestion to anyone reading it that they familiarize themselves with the meaning of the word "taboo".
Last edited by Bruce Lee on Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

RobbingHood

Re: The Elephant In The Room

Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:41 pm

First of all, let me provide a link to the mentioned topic for everyone to build up his or her own opinion concerning the "personal attacks": viewtopic.php?f=16&t=6475

Bruce Lee wrote:I posted a simple solution in good faith which was nothing more than a suggestion to server admins to do with as they saw fit.

Well, you did, right? Servers admins are able to see your post (like everybody else) and decide wether they want to do what you suggested or keep it as it is. What else do you want to discuss?

Bruce Lee wrote:since the staff here have made it clear that they are viscously opposed to free discussion

The topic turned from a post about your personal opinion into an off-topic discussion about English. Why keep it open? It never even was a discussion:

Bruce Lee wrote:I just wish most server admins would enforce a ping limit of not more than 300

How was this a topic about "free discussion"? There's no question to discuss from what I can tell, just your opinion.

Bruce Lee wrote:its really too bad for the majority of players

How can you speak for the majority? I played a lot and never experienced the mentioned issues, just like most other players I've talked to.

Bruce Lee wrote:I have definitely noticed how much smoother the game plays on the rare occasions when everybody has a ping of 200 or less

Possibly a self-fulfilling prophecy?

Bruce Lee wrote:instead of being forced to play on lagged servers.

I don't get this one. Just play on a server that has a ping limit? There are definitly enough, noone forces you to play anywhere.

Bruce Lee wrote:of the elephant in the room which is server lag and rampant team base wreckers

Noone so far has complained about it. There are "team base wreckers" in probably every multiplayer game ever. Admins are free to decide on how to deal with those "problems".

Also, my personal opinion: Most server providers (at least the "bigger" ones) have some experience in hosting. They know what they're doing and what people like.

Regards

PS:

Bruce Lee wrote:I might make a suggestion to anyone reading it that they familiarize themselves with the meaning of the word "taboo".

This is not supposed to be in any way offending, but do you even notice how you are continuously telling people what to do?
From a psychological point of view, this is not an attribute that makes a human too sympathetic... Just my two cents.

mizudg

Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:57 pm

Bruce Lee wrote:I am deeply disappointed by the venomously overbearing and unnecessarily personal attacks some people here choose to engage in. Accusing another person of being disrespectful when they clearly are not is an old lawyer trick. Obviously the intention was to shut down any discussion of the elephant in the room which is server lag and rampant team base wreckers. Note: I posted a simple solution in good faith which was nothing more than a suggestion to server admins to do with as they saw fit. The reason I posted on the main forum instead of individual server forums was because it was the simplest, quickest and most effective course of action. I was then immediately and viciously attacked by the staff and of course was further denied any self defense by locking the thread, lol. I have only posted on the forum extremely rarely and only when I felt I had something which would significantly improve or be helpful to the nexus based servers but since the staff here have made it clear that they are viscously opposed to free discussion I see its futile.
If this post isn't deleted I might make a suggestion to anyone reading it that they familiarize themselves with the meaning of the word "taboo".

I take your suggestion into consideration, my dear sir. However, reading through all of what you just said, I have to address the other "elephant in the room", as you ever so ingeniously described, that being that if you had read the replies given to you, the meaning of them should have reached your inner mind and made you think about it: "Wherefore art myself had to ever be involved in this barbarism? Oh, why bear the burden on thyself, why won't you let me be free of thy chains of thy global rules of thy forum". Yes, certainly that does come to mind, it is an exquisite fight you chose to lead against the rulers of this castle, of this fortress! However, if thou art been clever and smart beyond our wildest imaginations, as he claims to be, dear sire, you'd had understood the meaning of this opposition. Oh, how it pains me to deliver this to you.. to one who follows such a just and noble cause, de la libertad, one that justifies his actions not by real meaning, but brilliantly and excellently brought through in the shape of text. Though, if you had been as intelligent as you claim... oh, if only. The meaning of the so offensive conversation from earlier, was that thou shalt not teach people of how to speak, thou shalt not pretend to be above all others and that thou shalt put a cork in it. I call troll, certainly not in the disgusting and beastly kind, and I wish you my kind regards, dear master of martial arts and stuntman, Bruce Lee~
- Mizu Vi' DG

Bruce Lee

Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:16 pm

Wow Mizu,
Your post was oddly ungermane but entertaining nevertheless. Anyway I think the validity of my initial post is self evident. Since you all seem to have an overwhelming compulsion to have the last word regardless of whether it even makes sense I am sure somebody will post after this. (I bet $50 somebody posts, lol.)
Oh well, I'm off to do something more useful on the inet.
"The world is like a big circus and the crooked businessmen and their puppet politicians are the biggest clowns in the show." -Anon.

blueman24

Thu May 01, 2014 4:32 am

The forums have become soo formal.
Mizudg it is Latin language, if I am not mistaken(although 90 percent I am). Great writing there
@OP, y u mad Bro? :?:
Here are the forums of a few server hosts
http://repz.eu/forum/index.php
http://www.du4-gaming.com/index.php
http://www.insane-heroes.de/forum/
And you can contact many of other individual hosts from the forum itself.
Hope that helps.
You're welcome :P ;)

Bruce Lee

Thu May 01, 2014 7:06 am

Hi Blueman,
You owe me $50. You can wire it to my pay-pal account. (Just kidding dude, lol.)

MAGIC

Thu May 01, 2014 9:24 am

Well 'we' are dead and I renamed the servers to [B3]FUNSERVER (yes, that is the old name for my IW4M servers)

blueman24

Thu May 01, 2014 12:53 pm

MAGIC wrote:

Well 'we' are dead and I renamed the servers to [B3]FUNSERVER (yes, that is the old name for my IW4M servers)

K. Form looking at the website, it looked dead anyways. Thanks for telling that.

MAGIC

Thu May 01, 2014 5:03 pm

Well we were active on our Teamspeakserver, kek

Return to “Administration Outpost”