WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Freeshnik
Re: [Rome] Client b866

Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:24 pm

Brendo wrote:By eliminating the high points = full of servers, now almost all empty - congratulations to you :) 85% players stop play... so sad

-1 Before i make first x100 server there was 1.1k players every evening on EU time. Ppl just accustomed to fast exp.

RobbingHood

Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:04 pm

Brendo wrote:By eliminating the high points = full of servers, now almost all empty - congratulations to you :) 85% players stop play... so sad

No. There are less people at the moment because not everyone has updated his game yet. Some people don't see servers to play on.

And as Freeshnik said, we had many players even before there were x5 servers.

Kerrigan

Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:42 pm

The decision of prohibiting the rank modifier won't be reversed.

NoFaTe explained why he decided to do this and according to the amount of servers showing up which has been modified to use the x5 multiplier it was predictable that he will prohibit it.

We compensated the rank loss which was caused by the major refactoration of the master servers and now we're trying to bring everything back to normal. Including the rank modifier getting back to x1.

If we lost people because of the rank modifier they weren't even valuable members. It's that simple.

People who will stick to us will understand.
I mean NoFaTe gave already enough to the players to be precise.

The ability to host your own server is a 100-percentual improvement to EAs' service and all players who are not willing and able to accept this are nothing more than leeches.

Long story short: Playing with a x5 modifier is spoiling the original gaming experience of Rome. I'm seriously glad that Venice Unleashed WON'T feature the modifier. It does take a shitload of time to reach SS100 but that is how it's implemented into the game.

Over and out.

Brendo

Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:10 pm

@Kerrigan
And I am of the people who play it from the beginning, but after losing twice their level, I stopped with this magnifier lifted up to 29 points, but it was that I lost a rank of 49 and a 47 :) As for BF3 I it, and play it from the beginning and I'm level 88, but at least there's a lot more stuff and do a simple TDM 20k points. Anyway guys, if you have something to say, write personal.
Respect. :)

mouz

Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:43 am

I've noticed that the minmum players for scoring has been disabled, now one can get points on an empty server. I don't think it was meant to be like this.

RobbingHood

Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:19 am

mouz wrote:I've noticed that the minmum players for scoring has been disabled, now one can get points on an empty server. I don't think it was meant to be like this.

It cannot ever be disabled.
But if there were 4 or more players on a server and everybody leaves, it looks like it was disbaled for a new player... Score will be activated until the end of the round.

Kerrigan

Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:19 am

mouz wrote:I've noticed that the minmum players for scoring has been disabled, now one can get points on an empty server. I don't think it was meant to be like this.

Impossible.

The player minimum is hardcoded. It would require deep hacking to disable it.
FYI i played a Squad Rush round yesterday on my own server for testing purposes and i didn't get any score at all.

What you might've witnessed is a match round where the minimum player count has been reached before.
Even if all players leave except of a last the scoring will continue until the round is over.

mouz

Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:58 am

Well i changed the map and was alone on the server and somehow got points for capping a flag, but it seems to be gone now.

Th3D4rkKill3r

Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:58 am

Yes, me too! I have got updated too and I cant see any Server too! My friends cant see any server too!

(Much too´s :o)

Kerrigan

Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:06 pm

Th3D4rkKill3r wrote:Yes, me too! I have got updated too and I cant see any Server too! My friends cant see any server too!

(Much too´s :o)

Stop using noSTEAM versions...

Return to “Updates”