WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
mattyman174
Introducing me! (mattyman174, AKA DevilsD)

Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:37 pm

Hello everyone.

My name is Matt, i usually go by the Gamer tag DevilsD (or for older games DevilsDemon). Im a Software Engineer working with Unreal Engine 4 currently building a couple of my own game projects as well as doing some freelance work when the opportunity presents itself.

Ive been making games for a few years now, my journey started back in 2003 when the first Call of Duty was released and its simple C style scripting language caught my attention i quickly became enthralled with the possibilities modding games presented. I slowly moved onto more strongly typed environments such as the XNA library and then naturally onto Unity 3D where i spent a couple of years doing freelance work and then finally came to rest with Unreal Engine 4 and its amazing suit of tools.

Unfortunately as much as i love the Battlefield franchise and ive been playing it since 1942, i have never touched its Community Mod tools. I found this place and was quite interested in what its trying to achieve because im concerned that the fate of Battlefield is in danger of slipping by the way side if we sit by and do nothing. I remember the good old days where modding was embraced by everyone and i endeavor to help those who want to see those days renewed make it a reality once again.

I was put onto this site by Chris from Battle(non)sense. His work is very inspiring and his unwavering dedication to this franchise isnt commended enough. If he reads this post i would like to thank him personally for all that he has done.

Anyways i look forward to seeing what is on offer here and how far we can push this. My hopes is that this reaches the Devs at DICE and makes them realize the errors of their ways.

You can usually catch me on the Unreal Engine 4 forums, helping those with questions about development within the Engine as well as general technical aspects of game design and development.

I will be frequenting these forums as often as i can spare. If anyone has any questions or concerns, please dont hesitate to contact me through any of the channels available to you.

Thank you everyone and have a great day!
DevilsD
Unreal Engine 4 Developer

Return to “Welcome Area”