WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Stealhelm
Re: On the Subject of Testing

Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:00 pm

I will sacrifice some time for the project; even though I'm quite busy with Christmas today (I'am from Sweden). I cannot wait to test it out! :D

PS: Are you allowed to record it?
At the timeless street I brew my spells.

RobbingHood

Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:03 pm

Stealhelm wrote:PS: Are you allowed to record it?

Of course ;)

Phoqe

Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:05 pm

It's mindblowing with what the team has achieved, I am a little busy today as I am also from Sweden but I hope to see all of you on the battlefield tomorrow. I didn't read about when this session closes, any date?

RobbingHood

Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:22 pm

Phoqe wrote:It's mindblowing with what the team has achieved, I am a little busy today as I am also from Sweden but I hope to see all of you on the battlefield tomorrow. I didn't read about when this session closes, any date?

It will last at least a week, what happens after that remains to be seen (and depends on the results of testing).

RmXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:04 pm

The final of the ESL Community Cup is either happening on the 28th or 29th.
http://play.eslgaming.com/battlefield/pc/bf3/open/5on5-community-cup-2-europe/

This is the competitive scene for BF3 right now so it would be great if the VU and ESL team could do something together.

Play the final with VU? Or even have the spectator mode from VU with some ESL casters on twitch??

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:05 pm

RmXXXXXXXXXXXXXX wrote:Play the final with VU? Or even have the spectator mode from VU with some ESL casters on twitch??

The ESL has a partnership with EA so I don't see them using or endorsing VU at this point in time.
There used to be a signature here.

Professor.Oak

Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:22 am

I just played for like 20 minutes. 60hz and 120hz servers still make ur first person model flicker. scoping in with sniper has a glitch. Is the suppression effect still active without the blur? I would prefer the blur as an indicator I am being suppressed, if the effect is active. I got used to it in BF3. Getting a lot of instant deaths. Maybe all problems of the 300+ ping server I was playing on :D

kiwidog

Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:08 am

Professor.Oak wrote:I just played for like 20 minutes. 60hz and 120hz servers still make ur first person model flicker. scoping in with sniper has a glitch. Is the suppression effect still active without the blur? I would prefer the blur as an indicator I am being suppressed, if the effect is active. I got used to it in BF3. Getting a lot of instant deaths. Maybe all problems of the 300+ ping server I was playing on :D

The flicker was never fixed, we are still looking into it. I have not had any issues with scoping in with a sniper, do you mean in spectator? Suppression may be active if the server does not disable it, grenades/explosives do still suppress players. And hm, we may have to investigate TTK.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

blueman24

Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:55 am

BF3 already has quite low TTK and now with this amazing netcode, you die really fast. There's no chance you can counter someone if he shoots you first. It has pretty much become like COD ttk. The .44 Magnum feels really powerful. Maybe the default health needs to be increased to 120%?

Professor.Oak

Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:36 am

kiwidog wrote:
Professor.Oak wrote:I just played for like 20 minutes. 60hz and 120hz servers still make ur first person model flicker. scoping in with sniper has a glitch. Is the suppression effect still active without the blur? I would prefer the blur as an indicator I am being suppressed, if the effect is active. I got used to it in BF3. Getting a lot of instant deaths. Maybe all problems of the 300+ ping server I was playing on :D

The flicker was never fixed, we are still looking into it. I have not had any issues with scoping in with a sniper, do you mean in spectator? Suppression may be active if the server does not disable it, grenades/explosives do still suppress players. And hm, we may have to investigate TTK.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JprEpTMb1NI
And I think that having servers that can enable/disable suppression will not come to good things, unless they will become unranked. Ranked servers should just be default bf3, without the sunglare and maybe without bluetint.
ttk does need to be changed for sure in higher frequency modes.

Return to “Announcements”