WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!
Changes to our Services

Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:07 am

Today we finally made a change that was long overdue.

It has been discussed time and again ever since the Venice Unleashed Closed Beta launched, and even though it seemed like it was initially unnecessary, the closer we were getting to the launch of the Open Beta, the more obvious it became it was time to introduce the following measure.

Starting today (July 15th), access to Venice Unleashed and related services will require you to fully verify ownership of your copy of Battlefield 3 by linking your EA Origin™ account to your Emulator Nexus account.

It should be noted that each Origin account can be only uniquely linked to a single Emulator Nexus account and, at the time of this writing, it is not possible to revoke such a link. It should also be noted that this is a one-time process, and does not require re-authentication or re-authorization. After your Origin account has been linked, you need not worry about it again.

The entire authentication process is being handled completely externally, via Origin's authentication mechanisms, which means that your credentials and personal information never goes through our services. It took quite a while to setup a system which would allow us to process accounts in this way, along with multiple bug submissions and fix requests towards EA along the way. The end result allows us to verify your identity without processing your personal information, and only provides us with the absolute necessary data (such as your username, user id, etc.), used to verify ownership of the game.

With all that being said, this is a new system, and there are some portions of it that might not work perfectly. If you encounter any issues, please don't hesitate to contact us, either via the forums, or via our contact e-mail (found by clicking on the "Support" link above).

You can link your account right now by logging in to our SSO system with your Emulator Nexus account, and selecting the "Link your Origin Account" option. All traffic is SSL secured for even better confidentiality.

Please make sure to read all the warnings and instructions on the page.

Finally, even though this might appear to be a simple initial integration, we believe we could use it as a basis to provide more features to you, our users, such as the ability to transfer your soldier information and stats, automatically discover your friends, and possibly more, so let us know if there's something you'd like to see.

Thank you,
The Emulator Nexus Team
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

MAGIC

Re: Changes to our Services

Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:24 am

Ah nice
Worked fine via my phone
Last edited by MAGIC on Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andersson

Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:51 am

I accidentaly link it to the wrong origin account. Can i unlink it?

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:40 am

Andersson wrote:I accidentaly link it to the wrong origin account. Can i unlink it?

Just read the announcement...
NoFaTe wrote:It should be noted that each Origin account can be only uniquely linked to a single Emulator Nexus account and, at the time of this writing, it is not possible to revoke such a link.

and
NoFaTe wrote:If you encounter any issues, please don't hesitate to contact us, either via the forums, or via our contact e-mail (found by clicking on the "Support" link above).
There used to be a signature here.

mizudg

Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:15 am

It would be nice to add the option of people showing their Origin usernames under their Forum names or somewhere in our profiles so that adding friends for BF3 or other Origin games is made easier.

MAGIC

Wed Jul 15, 2015 2:11 pm

mizudg wrote:It would be nice to add the option of people showing their Origin usernames under their Forum names or somewhere in our profiles so that adding friends for BF3 or other Origin games is made easier.

Yup via that SSO service or just add another 'Custom profile fields' via the ACP

setonaikai

Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:18 am

It's OK for me, thank's!

mirh

Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:08 pm

Are you planning to add this to BC2 too?
I mean, aside of piracy I guess this could discourage many many cheaters.

Professor.Oak

Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:21 am

Done. Can I get access to the closed beta now? I already had access but got kicked for "toxic" activities. Please forgive me.

mizudg

Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:10 am

If you already had access once and know what it is, then how come you expect priority over the other users who have waited for years and have yet to witness some of the new features (not that there's a lot of people online in the first place ofc) :lol: :shock:

Return to “Announcements”