jastermareel17
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:39 am

Re: Open Bughunting Season

Sat May 09, 2015 4:06 pm

Man, do I not want to go to work today! Luckily I have the next two days off, this is what I will be doing. Yes!

User avatar
lycanwrath
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:06 am
Location: Mauritius
Contact: Website

Re: Open Bughunting Season

Sat May 09, 2015 4:36 pm

TacTicToe wrote:Not sure this is really a BUG as much as an observation. I realize it is probably too late into the bug hunt to do anything about this but....

The servers labeled as US are not actually US servers. They seem to be in Canada, which is not actually US. They also seem to be firewalled which also makes no sense. A game server really should not be firewalled. I try to ping and traceroute to the IP and they time out. The traceroute I did took way too many hops before it hit the firewall as well. Not sure if the GSP you are using can do anything about that or not, but I can provide traceroute logs if you need.

Suggestions and request.

Rename the servers to either CA or NA since they clearly are not US and are mis-labeled.

Setup at least one server within the USA borders on a decent host.

Thanks much.


Hope we get servers from EU and CN as well, would help very much easier to report our findings on actual bugs.

User avatar
Rodney
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:56 pm
Location: On the Battlefield
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Re: Open Bughunting Season

Sat May 09, 2015 5:05 pm

lycanwrath wrote:Hope we get servers from EU and CN as well, would help very much easier to report our findings on actual bugs.

There are 3 EU Servers, two in France (Paris), one in the UK (London).
TacTicToe wrote:Setup at least one server within the USA borders on a decent host.

(I'll just skip over your useless ramblings)
I'll guess for the time being there will be no other NA server since there is none available to the team.
All other servers are accessed by the devs directly for monitoring reasons.
There used to be a signature here.

User avatar
lycanwrath
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:06 am
Location: Mauritius
Contact: Website

Re: Open Bughunting Season

Sat May 09, 2015 6:10 pm

Just played on the UK server, even though I had 240ms ping, all was smooth and I even topped 24:6 on my first Noshr TDM, xD

This is very a very different experience to what I observed from the CQ matches, need to play more!! :)

User avatar
Rodney
Posts: 427
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:56 pm
Location: On the Battlefield
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Re: Open Bughunting Season

Sat May 09, 2015 6:50 pm

The UK runs normal frequency, so any improvement you experienced is purely placebo.
There used to be a signature here.

TheCaptain
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 6:55 pm

Re: Open Bughunting Season

Sat May 09, 2015 7:11 pm

Am I the only one who just saw a new server pop up called Kim Jong Un's private server? Please tell me it's allready possible to setup private servers with kind of mod support in this 72h open beta

User avatar
AlexEe
Posts: 281
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:26 pm
Location: UK

Re: Open Bughunting Season

Sat May 09, 2015 7:22 pm

TheCaptain wrote:Am I the only one who just saw a new server pop up called Kim Jong Un's private server? Please tell me it's allready possible to setup private servers with kind of mod support in this 72h open beta

It is NOT possible to host a own server during the current event. It's mostly like kiwi or no tested smth.
Last edited by AlexEe on Sat May 09, 2015 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Add me on Steam: click | My Origin ID: AlexEe77

User avatar
Professor.Oak
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:47 am

Re: Open Bughunting Season

Sat May 09, 2015 7:26 pm

Played for about 30 minutes with no noticeable bugs. Then I lost connection to the server. The netcode felt solid.

User avatar
RobbingHood
Posts: 3305
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:50 pm

Re: Open Bughunting Season

Sat May 09, 2015 8:28 pm

AlexEe wrote:
TheCaptain wrote:Am I the only one who just saw a new server pop up called Kim Jong Un's private server? Please tell me it's allready possible to setup private servers with kind of mod support in this 72h open beta

It is NOT possible to host a own server during the current event. It's mostly like kiwi or no tested smth.

Exactly, that's NoFaTe's server where's he's currently implementing player limits.

User avatar
neverhangover
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:55 pm

Re: Open Bughunting Season

Sat May 09, 2015 11:14 pm

When it works, it does so while looking reeeaally attractive

Image

Return to “Announcements”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest