WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Professor.Oak
Re: Open Bughunting Season

Mon May 11, 2015 4:26 am

faddn wrote:Both.

Dope. Hope it stays this way. Wouldn't mind the blur though, but, people will just find "other" ways to remove it.

SASBLACKBURN

Mon May 11, 2015 4:57 am

Rodney wrote:
SASBLACKBURN wrote:BUGS SO FAR:

>Chat while dead should be available while it isn't
>INVISIBLE ENEMIES
>Soldiers in deathcams disappear
>Gun model and hands in first person view is invisible at times
>When client freq doesn't match with that of servers', client is meant to restart. While sometimes it does, at other times, it just goes to an infinite loading screen.

-SAS

1. That didn't happen to me (yet)
  2. That's fixed now
  3. idk
  4. Yep, can confirm, but happens in vanilla too iirc
  5. If that still happens that's a bug.

I think most of the above bugs are found in 60 and 120 hz servers. tried out 30Hz servers and all the bugs seemed gone.
The color correction and disabled suppression is really good additions.

lycanwrath

Mon May 11, 2015 7:10 am

I played on a 60Hz yesterday and it appeared that the strange slutter animation when looking at feet are gone.
Only "hindrance" I encountered is that at a few occurences, my soldier seemed to be catapulted when sprinting over debris.

Was great fun though to play without green/blue filter and no suppression effect on bullets, imo remove blur when suppressed commands should be disabled, the blur should remain, its only the effects on aimaing that need and have been removed.

faddn

Mon May 11, 2015 7:50 am

lycanwrath wrote:
Was great fun though to play without green/blue filter and no suppression effect on bullets, imo remove blur when suppressed commands should be disabled, the blur should remain, its only the effects on aimaing that need and have been removed.

You can as a server owner choose if you want to disable blur, random deviation or both. Personally I hope no one runs that shit, not even blur. If you want to be sea seek, sure turn on blur! But at least put a huge ass sign on your server warning me from joining.

mizudg

Mon May 11, 2015 9:42 am

faddn wrote:
lycanwrath wrote:

You can as a server owner choose if you want to disable blur, random deviation or both. Personally I hope no one runs that shit, not even blur. If you want to be sea seek, sure turn on blur! But at least put a huge ass sign on your server warning me from joining.

I personally find the bullet spread from Suppression to be included as better, since so far everyone's running M16A3 and AEK and without any suppression bullet spread, it makes the game feel more like COD than Battlefield. Even back in BF2, hitting an enemy far or close was about tapping and bursting rather than spraying.

El Bucho

Mon May 11, 2015 11:06 am

mizudg wrote:I personally find the bullet spread from Suppression to be included as better, since so far everyone's running M16A3 and AEK and without any suppression bullet spread, it makes the game feel more like COD than Battlefield. Even back in BF2, hitting an enemy far or close was about tapping and bursting rather than spraying.

I agree with mizu, the TTK is too low now with no suppression so may be spread and/or recoil needs to be adjusted but I guess it will be done in the future
Last edited by El Bucho on Mon May 11, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

faddn

Mon May 11, 2015 11:34 am

mizudg wrote:I personally find the bullet spread from Suppression to be included as better, since so far everyone's running M16A3 and AEK and without any suppression bullet spread, it makes the game feel more like COD than Battlefield. Even back in BF2, hitting an enemy far or close was about tapping and bursting rather than spraying.

In the end it's all random, rewarding missing from all distances. It does not fit any fps, regardless if ttk becomes higher. If tkk is to low, it should be done through damage models, not suppression.

tofibofanta

Tue May 12, 2015 2:06 pm

WHY IM NOT ALWED TO USE THIS PRODUCT ANYMORE?

XuluniX

Tue May 12, 2015 2:42 pm

the "Open Bughunting Season" is over.
as of now, only accounts which have redeemed a valid Key can play VeniceUnleashed.

Return to “Announcements”