WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!
The Advanced Chat

Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:45 pm

One of the most requested game features has been the modification of the game's built-in chatbox, in order to provide a better user experience for players.

With that in mind, we are happy to announce the first official and complete mod for Venice Unleashed: The Advanced Chat

The Advanced Chat mod offers a complete replacement for the built-in chatbox, is entirely implemented using VeniceEXT and the WebUI system, and can be hosted server-side, without the need for players to manually download and apply something to their client.

The Advanced Chat currently provides the following features:
  • Full backwards compatibility with the built-in chat.
  • Color coded messages for global, team, squad, and enemy chat.
  • Full chat log up until server disconnection.
  • A usable scroll-bar, which allows you to view older messages.
  • The ability to directly paste messages in the input box.
  • The ability to use chat while in deathcam, revival, or end-of-round scenarios.
  • And more are being implemented!

Since this entire system is a mod, it is completely optional, meaning that server administrators can decide whether to enable it for their servers or not.

Currently, all of our official servers (#001 - #003) are running this mod, so you can hop in and try it right away!

The source code for this mod is open and fully available for everyone to use and modify, without any license restrictions.
You can find it right now on the Emulator Nexus GitHub!

The tools to compile a WebUI package into a VUIC container haven't been finalized yet for public release, but expect to see them too soon!

If you have any issues, make sure to report them in the GitHub issue tracker for this mod.
As always, any feedback is appreciated.

We hope you will enjoy this!
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

AlexEe

Re: The Advanced Chat

Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:50 pm

nice
Add me on Steam: click | My Origin ID: AlexEe77

Rodney
Contact: Website WLM Yahoo Messenger AOL Facebook Skype Twitter YouTube

Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:54 pm

I'm just going to make some feature requests right away:

• Timestamps (i.e. just a number that has a neutral color in front of the name)
  • Send common rose commands to squad/team chat (they are so quiet you can't really hear them so this might be helpful)
  • Expand it like in BC2 (if you don't know what I mean, test it in BC2, should be bound to tilde by default)
There used to be a signature here.

mizudg

Mon Apr 13, 2015 2:33 pm

Rodney wrote:[*]Send common rose commands to squad/team chat (they are so quiet you can't really hear them so this might be helpful)

BF4 has this and while most of the time people don't pay attention, it sure is nice to have it. Though you should think about which messages show up where (team/squad). For example: Requesting Ammo/Health is [Team] and Affirmative/Negative is [Squad].

MAGIC

Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:41 pm

That's cool. So we could create an ingame to browser chat...

Dendari

Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:42 pm

Awesome work :D

EDIT: for bug report should we go on the AC repo or VU?

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:19 pm

Dendari wrote:Awesome work :D

EDIT: for bug report should we go on the AC repo or VU?

For issues related to the Advanced Chat mod please use the Advanced Chat repo.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:23 am

Thats really great ! :D I see you have done it pretty well!
It would be cool if you guys take a look at other innovative method for Text feed or chat box.
-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rWvfHoXmYo (This is for BF4 but can be implemented in BF3 with few tweaks)
Also there are many other videos by him on many ways of tweaking the game's minimal features.Of course these are post - release(VE) stuff to do.But it would make a great deal of difference.
Please do consider. :D
Thnx for everything ! :D :)

blueman24

Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:48 am

NoFaTe wrote:
  • The ability to use chat while in deathcam, revival, or end-of-round scenarios.

FINALLY!

BattleNonSense

Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:15 pm

mizudg wrote:
Rodney wrote:[*]Send common rose commands to squad/team chat (they are so quiet you can't really hear them so this might be helpful)

BF4 has this and while most of the time people don't pay attention, it sure is nice to have it. Though you should think about which messages show up where (team/squad). For example: Requesting Ammo/Health is [Team] and Affirmative/Negative is [Squad].

There should be a filter for the textfeed so that I only get that displayed in the chat window but nothing else.

Return to “Announcements”