With that in mind, we are happy to announce the first official and complete mod for Venice Unleashed: The Advanced Chat
The Advanced Chat mod offers a complete replacement for the built-in chatbox, is entirely implemented using VeniceEXT and the WebUI system, and can be hosted server-side, without the need for players to manually download and apply something to their client.
The Advanced Chat currently provides the following features:
- Full backwards compatibility with the built-in chat.
- Color coded messages for global, team, squad, and enemy chat.
- Full chat log up until server disconnection.
- A usable scroll-bar, which allows you to view older messages.
- The ability to directly paste messages in the input box.
- The ability to use chat while in deathcam, revival, or end-of-round scenarios.
- And more are being implemented!
Since this entire system is a mod, it is completely optional, meaning that server administrators can decide whether to enable it for their servers or not.
Currently, all of our official servers (#001 - #003) are running this mod, so you can hop in and try it right away!
The source code for this mod is open and fully available for everyone to use and modify, without any license restrictions.
You can find it right now on the Emulator Nexus GitHub!
The tools to compile a WebUI package into a VUIC container haven't been finalized yet for public release, but expect to see them too soon!
If you have any issues, make sure to report them in the GitHub issue tracker for this mod.
As always, any feedback is appreciated.
We hope you will enjoy this!