WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
TheSergeantArc
Re: Mod Support is Here!

Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:50 pm

I can't even launch the game, cause it crashes after that guy says "WOW"

TacTicToe

Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:57 am

WOW wtf? :)
]Image

SmokeRocket

Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:50 am

closed beta ?! :roll:

Tepoo

Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:35 pm

will i be able to check out the server stuff + the mod support even without a key?

i would really like to check it out :)

Kind regards
Tepoo

TacTicToe

Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:59 am

No.
]Image

neverhangover

Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:37 pm

Tony Manchaza wrote:not an april fool ^^

Wow. Night sights actually make sense now. :D

You know, if you guys would just face it that no one will play unless you go Open Beta(T...M..), this project would be finished in a couple of weeks.
Instead, everyone waits until 2018.

>inb4
"Copy cat projects would start"
and you think that they won't, eventually ?! Encrypt the damn thing. Not like everyone and their dog is working on a BF3 SDK.
You spoke with DICE, you're legit. You don't take responsibility for anyone else's work.

Been an active member since the enlistment, no key in sight. Not that it would matter anyways, no one is playing until it is finally OPEN for everyone.

Paulofonta

Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:07 am

neverhangover wrote:>inb4
"Copy cat projects would start"
and you think that they won't, eventually ?! Encrypt the damn thing. Not like everyone and their dog is working on a BF3 SDK.
You spoke with DICE, you're legit. You don't take responsibility for anyone else's work.

It's not about it. Anyone can get the binaries and reverse them, even without access to the CB.
The point is that there's no point in giving everyone access to an unfinished product. As features get added, some bugs show up to a bunch of people. And the last thing we want is to have a bunch of people whining because the game is crashing and they can't play.
So, for now, the CB remains Closed Beta.

mizudg

Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:26 am

If they needed players, don't you think they'd give out more codes? I had a spare key that I gave to TicTacToe, haven't even heard from him since. Either he used it and was left unsatisfied or he hasn't yet checked it out. The point is, even if there were 64 players on a VU server, what good does that make? There is one night time map at the moment and it's really hard to see anything, IRNV is OP and thermal on choppers is beyond godlike. Closed beta is for fixing bugs and adding features, while also gradually improving upon them. Just as Paul said: "and the last thing we want is to have a bunch of people whining because the game is crashing and they can't play". There is literally nothing different from regular BF3 other than the lack of blue tint and one night time map so far.

utopiate

Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:56 am

Miz, you can repeat the same bullshit all you like but the facts are that the playerbase will simply not be there very soon. EA release Star Wars Battlefront in the Autumn and that will be it. This project will have a couple of hundred players at best, barely enough to keep a server full, let alone mod support. Who will spend time on a mod that no one will ever play. I'm appreciative of the time and effort put in by all including yourself but there is no denying that the time this project has taken has killed it. Taking on other developers would have seen the project at least in open beta now but 'preciousness' has kept it at a snails pace. And there is a difference already given that it has the ability to run servers from private dedi boxes.

mizudg

Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:16 pm

Who said that this project needs to have thousands and thousands of people? If they hadn't released the CB, maybe people wouldn't be whining so much either. What if VU was announced 5-6 months before its official release (VALVe style)? We can speculate all we want but at this point, you've lost hope in VU it seems, but I have hope in VU, Mod support, dedicated servers and so much yet to come. I've started playing BC2 recently and I keep seeing modded servers, both with Vietnam on Vanilla or XP modifiers, more vehicles per spawn, etc. Think that would've been possible if Rome hadn't happened? Maybe VU is the future of BF3 , since once Battlefront is out, people will finally recognize just how greedy EA has become (if they haven't already by Hardline) and move on from their corporate thinking. Judging by how EA handles the last games it has released (Not just BF titles), I have serious doubts people will love Battlefront if it's anything like that. BC2 was the last game to stand the DICE rather than EA formula, and I have hopes, my personal opinion is that VU will help BF3 become better, the way it was intended by the devs rather than the publishers. There's a adage that goes like this "If you have nothing good to say, then don't say anything at all". I'm not just defending the project or NF/Kiwi. I'm saying that because everyone's been whining since the Closed Beta started that there's no people playing it. Don't you think that if there was a need for a 64-player server to be filled, they would give keys to everyone who is active, or heck, even new members? There's time for everything, and only that time will tell if the effort pays off or not. While this site and the servers are still up, no one can say "the project is dead", since that's proof the devs have hope in their own work.
:ugeek:

Return to “Announcements”