WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!
Status Report - December 15th

Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:15 pm

The past week has been a very busy one!

During that past week we have been working on the client almost non-stop in order to squish game-breaking bugs and implement new features.

We have done quite some work on our RCON re-implementation, having re-implemented most of the necessary commands for server administration.

Additionally, we have been working on optimizing our custom networking code, fixing issues with the spectator mode, and introducing new customization options for server owners.
Some of these customization options include simple stuff (like disabling the sun flare), and some more complicated stuff (like editing color schemes).

We have also been working on our server hosting infrastructure, and we should be able to start allowing private server hosting really soon.

Moreover, we have automated a big part of the client deployment process, so updates should now be delivered faster and more reliably.

With all that being said, we believe that we will be able to let in the next wave of players by the end of the week!
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

med1

Re: Status Report - December 15th

Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:29 pm

Players with the giveaway keys will be able to play beta at the end of the week?

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:36 pm

med1 wrote:Players with the giveaway keys will be able to play beta at the end of the week?

Yes, granted we've finished some features we're currently working on.
There will be an announcement with all the possibly needed details.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

blueman24

Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:03 pm

I will have to wait until the open beta :/
Great work tho! Thank you so much for all the effort. I hope that we can really make bf3 epic with the help of VU and also have adequate amount of (good) playerbase.

MAGIC

Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:59 pm

NoFaTe wrote:We have also been working on our server hosting infrastructure, and we should be able to start allowing private server hosting really soon.

Ding ding ding!

great work!

Professor.Oak

Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:09 pm

NoFaTe wrote:With all that being said, we believe that we will be able to let in the next wave of players by the end of the week!

TacTicToe

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:38 am

NoFaTe wrote:With all that being said, we believe that we will be able to let in the next wave of players by the end of the week!

Awesome work NoFate, and thank you. You should note of course, quotes like this will trigger Professor Oaks to start off a whole new series of threads griping about not keeping your word. As much as we appreciate what you do, you might want to keep the cork on these statements, just to forego the flood of threads it may provoke.

Thanks again. .
]Image

mouz

Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:36 am

Since this was posted on the 15th, and the next week was mentioned, and noFate has a signature that starts with "Valve...", and in "Valve time" next week is one week and three days, which is Christmas. It's obvious that it will be launching on Christmas, not.

MindFreak1987

Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:29 pm

Great work.

Cheers.
Moje je srce hotel Nacional, u njemu soba, nema im broja, za svaku moju ljubav po jedna, a do te svake po jedna tvoja.

BattleNonSense

Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:24 pm

NoFaTe wrote:we believe that we will be able to let in the next wave of players by the end of the week!

Looking forward to it. :)

Return to “Announcements”