WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
TheTurkishMoose
Modification tools?

Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:03 pm

I was wondering how much we can actually modify with the tools you give us? Capture radius of flags? Amount of recoil?

I've spent years creating modifications on BF2 and would love the opportunity to bring my ideas from the old Refractor 2 engine (Battlefield 2, 2142, 1942) and to the new Frostbite engine.

Is there a list of what's possible?

powback

Re: Modification tools?

Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:24 pm

I don't have a list, but you should be able to modify pretty much everything eventually. You can modify all values, such as capture radius, gravity, explosion radius/force, object pos/rot/scale, recoil, jumpheight, sprintspeed and whatever right now though.

TheTurkishMoose

Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:39 pm

Wow that sounds very exciting! I hope to make a much slower paced, hardcore battlefield mod. The only issue would be the in-game communication being a bit restricted. Project Reality which is a BF2 mod integrates mumble voip within the game allowing for squad chat between squad members and other leaders, plus a local chat.

What can you tell me about the VOIP in BF3? Can it be tampered with?

kiwidog

Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:12 pm

VOIP code is completely removed in the PC builds of Battlefield 3. I have no idea why, probably because that stupid contract with ESN Sonar or whatever the crap that trash was. We have plans to implement VOIP into VU at some point in time, but it is not a priority at the moment.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

TheTurkishMoose

Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:20 pm

Ah OK then, that's a real shame - glad to hear you can do something about it though!
I cannot wait to start working on this project, thanks to all the VU team for this amazing opportunity!

TheTurkishMoose

Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:46 pm

One last query - would it be possible to add bot support?

Reirei

Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:09 am

TheTurkishMoose wrote:One last query - would it be possible to add bot support?

http://forums.veniceunleashed.net/viewt ... =42&t=8081

The search bar is at the top of the site, you can use it whenever you want.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”