WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
[email protected]
[suggestion] Class specific adjustments

Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:05 am

First off, thank you for your work!

I have played BF3 for over 1000 hours and love what you have done to it!
Here i present to you some ideas i had during my playtime.

Some suggestions may be too difficult to implement, such as new weapons and gadgets.
I tried to keep them at the bottom of each class to signal their importance.

Please,

Recon
1. Only display scope glint when ADSing
2. Disable para drop
3. High caliber rounds can penetrate Humvee glass
4. Mortar strike à la BFBC2 with massive cool down
5. Can silently arm MCOMs

Support
1. Extend reach of C4 throw slightly
2. Add strings to Claymore à la BF4

Engineer
1. Increase CQC DMG of carbines slightly
2. AT Mines can be thrown à la BFBC2
3. Increase speed of dumbfire rocktes
4. Add Laser-guided rockets

Assault
1. M320 Smoke instantly unspots friendly and hostile alike whilst players can't be spotted through the smoke
2. Decrease CQC DMG of assault rifles slightly
3. Medikit does not heal when player is hit for a few seconds
4. Increase charge up time for Defibs

I have several suggestions for general gameplay, which i will post if this gets good feedback.

Cheers Lads

mizudg

Re: [suggestion] Class specific adjustments

Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:30 am

First off, I have to start by saying that the developers of VU will be providing the tools to make these mods ourselves. They won't necessarily add or change anything regarding the vanilla game other than the servers, removal of blue tint and suppression, as well as high frequency hosting capabilities.
With that out of the way, I want to comment on why some of these things work and don't:

Recon
1. Only display scope glint when ADSing - Should be possible since they fixed it in BF4
2. Disable para drop - That's kind of his main thing though. Unlike BF4, he can't swap gadgets on his 4th slot
3. High caliber rounds can penetrate Humvee glass - They already can. Just not the gunner seat. You can expose it via grenade use
4. Mortar strike à la BFBC2 with massive cool down - There's already a mortar for the support so why add a mortar strike? It'll be really OP too.
5. Can silently arm MCOMs - Hell no. No class deserves this, although it will boost recon in CQ situations
(6. I'd like to see a C4 gadget being added here if possible)

Support
1. Extend reach of C4 throw slightly - Absolutely for. They're way too short as they are now
2. Add strings to Claymore à la BF4 - Claymores are underused anyway, but if anyone's willing to do it, be my guest.

Engineer
1. Increase CQC DMG of carbines slightly - They're kinda OP already. Imo, the proper thing to do would be to balance all carbines to be equally useful
2. AT Mines can be thrown à la BFBC2 - Agreed
3. Increase speed of dumbfire rocktes - I never wished for this when I got killed by a tank like "oh man, I wish my rocket was faster" but disappearing rockets are a must-fix!
4. Add Laser-guided rockets - Was already mentioned that you can probably make the TOW launcher a handheld launcher.

Assault
1. M320 Smoke instantly unspots friendly and hostile alike whilst players can't be spotted through the smoke - Needed, Yes!
2. Decrease CQC DMG of assault rifles slightly - Slightly would be an understatement. Mostly nerf AEK and M16
3. Medikit does not heal when player is hit for a few seconds - Was done in BF4 so it should be possible to do here
4. Increase charge up time for Defibs - Defibs don't really charge in this game, so I'm not sure I get your point on this.

[email protected]

Re: [suggestion] Class specific adjustments

Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:16 pm

mizudg wrote:First off, I have to start by saying that the developers of VU will be providing the tools to make these mods ourselves. They won't necessarily add or change anything regarding the vanilla game other than the servers, removal of blue tint and suppression, as well as high frequency hosting capabilities. That is even better than i hoped for!!
With that out of the way, I want to comment on why some of these things work and don't:

Recon
1. Only display scope glint when ADSing - Should be possible since they fixed it in BF4
2. Disable para drop - That's kind of his main thing though. Unlike BF4, he can't swap gadgets on his 4th slot. I meant the para drop when using the spawn beacon. So it would not actually be a new gadget.
3. High caliber rounds can penetrate Humvee glass - They already can. Just not the gunner seat. You can expose it via grenade use. I knew it's possible to destroy the door with nades. Gotta test that :)
4. Mortar strike à la BFBC2 with massive cool down - There's already a mortar for the support so why add a mortar strike? It'll be really OP too. Well the mortar now is only annoying and not that useful IMO. The BFBC2 Mortar didn't strike me as overpowered, but much more tactical than the ones we have now.
5. Can silently arm MCOMs - Hell no. No class deserves this, although it will boost recon in CQ situations
(6. I'd like to see a C4 gadget being added here if possible)

Support
1. Extend reach of C4 throw slightly - Absolutely for. They're way too short as they are now
2. Add strings to Claymore à la BF4 - Claymores are underused anyway, but if anyone's willing to do it, be my guest.

Engineer
1. Increase CQC DMG of carbines slightly - They're kinda OP already. Imo, the proper thing to do would be to balance all carbines to be equally useful. Was quite sure that most PDWs are unsuited for CQC because they either have low RPM or long reload times. So it would not really stand against an >750 RPM Weapon.
[Rant] IMO the Engi having CQC weapons does not make that much sense in general. In a CQC environment he can't support his teammates with neither ammo nor health. Dealing with a tank in close proximity is also quite tricky. But i see the trade off with having an RPG etc so he can't really have long ranged weapons either.[/Rant]

2. AT Mines can be thrown à la BFBC2 - Agreed
3. Increase speed of dumbfire rocktes - I never wished for this when I got killed by a tank like "oh man, I wish my rocket was faster" but disappearing rockets are a must-fix! If the laser-guided rocket gets added and is equally fast as the dumbfire one, no one is going to use the dumbfire rockets. As you know, you can exit a TOW launcher immediately after firing, which makes it "dumbfire capable".
4. Add Laser-guided rockets - Was already mentioned that you can probably make the TOW launcher a handheld launcher. G FUCKIN' G (pardon my french)

Assault
1. M320 Smoke instantly unspots friendly and hostile alike whilst players can't be spotted through the smoke - Needed, Yes!
2. Decrease CQC DMG of assault rifles slightly - Slightly would be an understatement. Mostly nerf AEK and M16 As with the PDWs i had the BFBC2 damage model in mind where most Engi weapons would destroy assault rifles.
3. Medikit does not heal when player is hit for a few seconds - Was done in BF4 so it should be possible to do here
4. Increase charge up time for Defibs - Defibs don't really charge in this game, so I'm not sure I get your point on this.It's to stop the revive train. Main point being that you can't 1. immediately revive someone when pulling out the Defibs and 2. immediately revive a second player without an actual charge.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”