WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Resin_Smoker
Spotting

Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:23 pm

Would it be possible to limit the spotting to just the Recon class and remove spotting from vehicles?

Justification (s):

1) Spotting should be a class specific ability and this change would give the Recon class more of a defined role.

2) Stealth could be possible in situations where a Recon hasn't already spotted a player. Currently, its not possible to spawn-in without being spotting almost immediately.

3) Vehicle spotting, especially from aircraft, is insanely overpowered. Think about it, how is it possible for a Jet to "spot" a single infantry from altitude and while at combat speed?

Thanks in advance!

Resin

RobbingHood

Re: Spotting

Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:09 pm

While VU's goal is not to change the game for everyone, such modifications may be possible using VeniceExt.

Resin_Smoker

Re: Spotting

Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:18 pm

I hope so...

Was just in a match where the opposing team was chain spotting everyone as they spawned in. (My first UV experience no less)
Now as if this wasn't bad enough his friends, if they could be called such, were aim-botting everyone as they were spotted.

See thread for details: viewtopic.php?f=40&t=8291

So far I can't say that i'm impressed with VU as by far the largest problem (hacking) hasn't been dealt with at all. If this is what VU's aspiring to become then VU as a gaming platform will dead to serious gamers.

Cheers,

Resin

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”