WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
l-NoNam3-l
First Match of Quick Cup ZA !

Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:00 pm

So we played the first match of the Quick Cup ZA on the 26th Dec.

Here is the stream link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgLYB-_l3Rg

* The game is really unreliable, as much as I hate to say it, the game is really really unreliable. (Very often crashes from both spectators and players, almost unplayable)
* The 6 man squad is really hard to get it to work and occasionally there is 2 or more squad leaders and also some times not even one squad leader :/ - very hard to get it to work.

Suggestions:
* If the player that is being spectated is killed then, I would suggest, rather than (as currently) switching to Free Camera, have the spectator switch to the person that got the kill or switch to the person closest to them or maybe (if it is added) switch to the table top view.
* Static, or just better, color grading. Rather than switching the team colors around every time, maybe have US team stay always Blue and have RU team always stay Red?
* Add a top table(big map), just like Battlefield 4 where it is a big map showing everyone on the map (with correct color coding) also maybe replace the Table Top view with the Free Camera as the default Camera.
* When in the Free Camera mode add an option where the spectator can switch to the nearest player and spectate that player in First Person Camera.
* Add more details to the spectator, make it more user friendly, such as showing scores on the top side of the screen, just like Battlefield 4's spectator details

Also here is a schedule to make things easier :P :
Matches Schedule: (refer to http://challonge.com/8on8quickcupvu for matches being played)
Match A(FaLk vs GoW): 26th Dec @ 7PM - GoW Win ! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgLYB-_l3Rg
Match B(DDC vs KV): 27th Dec @ 7PM
Match F(FaLk vs TBA): 28th Dec @ 7PM
Match C(GoW vs TBA): 29th Dec @ 7PM
Match G: 30th Dec @ 7PM
Match D: 1st Jan @ 7PM - FINALS !
Match E(optional): 2nd Jan @ 7PM

Regards
l-NoNam3-l

l-NoNam3-l

Re: First Match of Quick Cup ZA !

Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:46 pm

Tomorrow's game can be found here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oplHyzz-ANI

Please share it as much as possible and enjoy the game with inviting your friends to watch :D

Regards :D

kiwidog

Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:16 pm

I do apologize for the stability issues, this is why we wanted to roll this out and fix issues. I am pushing an update today to help with some of the spectator issues. I will be looking into the squad management issues in a bit as well.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

l-NoNam3-l

Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:03 pm

Thank you kiwidog. Is there perhaps maybe a update release cycle the devs have? maybe I can adjust the match times then, so that an update doesn't go live during a match where everyone then gets kicked and has to update

Regards

l-NoNam3-l

Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:31 pm

@kiwidog As of writing, currently the Spectator is still broken, it seems like every time I try to switch to First Person Camera it bombs out and "vu.exe has stopped working"

Is it maybe possible to release an update before 5PM GMT time?

Regards

kiwidog

Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:10 pm

l-NoNam3-l wrote:@kiwidog As of writing, currently the Spectator is still broken, it seems like every time I try to switch to First Person Camera it bombs out and "vu.exe has stopped working"

Is it maybe possible to release an update before 5PM GMT time?

Regards

The updates get pushed when we feel that there could be major stability and fixes. I spent over a day and a half trying to resolve the spectator issues, but I've narrowed it down but still haven't pinpointed the exact point of the crash. Also it does not help that the dev builds run fine (except for chatting as spectator), and release crashes instantly. I think I have a potential solution, but it will require a bit of time. There will be an announcement probably when everything gets resolved.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”