WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
[para]dox
Feedback + Suggestions for December 2015 open beta

Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:11 pm

Hello! First - thanks for your hard work and giving us the opportunity to play BF3 without Color Grading :)
Second - this should be the appropriate place to post Feedback + Suggestions so let's start!

24.12.2015 - 25.12.2015

Technical Part:
    - On my system (i5-750 2.66ghz oc to 3.61ghz, 2gb gtx 770, 8gb ram, win7x64) i haven't noticed any FPS drops compared to Original BF3, and i've played on both 60 and 120 hz servers.

- There was 0 game client crashes for me so far.

- Installed to Original BF3 SweetFX is working with VU.
Gameplay:
    - Caspian Border and Strike at Karkand looks a bit "dim", this "dimness" is removed when you repairing a vehicle (link to YouTube).

- Killcam animated person is flickering all the time.

- Chat gets really buggy if it was opened at the time you get killed. You can't close it or edit anything for 10-15 secs, and then textbox is just closing or sending unfinished message.

- Having chat enabled at the end of the round is an amazing thing!

- Sound of a shotty with a silencer ROCKS! :D
Little suggestions:
    - In my opinion LMG on deployed bipod shouldn't be supressed that hard as it was on Original BF3.

- Is it possible to move End round Stats to next map loading screen, as it was in BFBC2? Or decreasing the time of waiting from 45 sec to 20-25 sec?

- Would be nice to have an in-game Color Grading On\Off switcher, as it was on BF3 Tweaker.

- Server Browser in the web would be nice as well, so you can check available servers\maps\players without running a VU client.

- Can we please get more maps\game modes in the servers maplists? (Can't wait to see Ziba Tower without color grading again! :P)

If i find something interesting i will post it here with an update. Thanks for you attention!

PS just played on Ziba without Color Grading ... its pure solid gold :shock: :shock: :shock:
Last edited by [para]dox on Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

l-NoNam3-l

Re: Feedback + Suggestions for December 2015 open beta

Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:15 pm

Maybe let the server display the next game mode and map on the end round screen

kiwidog

Fri Dec 25, 2015 5:46 pm

There is no NDA on Venice Unleashed, feel free to post videos/screenshots as you wish. Glad you are enjoying VU, we will be getting a few more maps and such ready to go after we finish fixing most of the current pressing bugs and issues.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

TacTicToe

Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:08 pm

A way to exit the game from the login screen would be nice too. I cant login to play the game and can't just exit the login screen. You have to tab out to kill it or kill the process.
]Image

[para]dox

Fri Dec 25, 2015 6:18 pm

kiwidog wrote:There is no NDA on Venice Unleashed, feel free to post videos/screenshots as you wish

TacTicToe wrote:A way to exit the game from the login screen would be nice too. I cant login to play the game and can't just exit the login screen. You have to tab out to kill it or kill the process.

Alt+F4 should work.

TacTicToe

Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:34 pm

That would be called "tabbing out" :) Which I stated.
]Image

[para]dox

Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:27 am

Little bump and update :)
Played on Gulf of Oman, amazing picture but dimness from "Caspian Border" and "Strike at Karkand" is here as well, we need to tweak the image without color grading!
There is 2 screenshots, as you can see "image filter" which apply on vehicle repairing is removing the dimness, making the image more colorful, and shadows became stronger. Open the images in 2 separate tabs in your browser and switch between them to see the difference!

lambhassador

Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:04 pm

Suggestion:
How about having info on the servers screen like frequency, DLC , mapname, ping cause apart from the vanilla maps, the dlc maps are causing infinite loading screen and maybe an exit button if a player wants to exit before the map is loaded. Also, it would be great, if possible, to have a frequency switch instead of exiting VU when trying to switch to servers of different frequency. Also denerfing irv scope.

mizudg

Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:11 pm

Suggestion: Display Server name on the scoreboard in-game

It'd be useful to let your friend(s) join in on you if you've played on the server for a while and forgot its name (or frequency to ease the process of starting the game and joining without restarting)

[para]dox

Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:14 pm

lambhassador wrote:the dlc maps are causing infinite loading screen

Maybe thats because you don't have this DLC? I have Premium and i was able to play on maps from each DLC, except Armored Kill :?
lambhassador wrote:Also denerfing irv scope.

I didn't try IRNV yet but i remember BF3 Alpha when it was perfectly balanced - there was no "smoke" on the screen, and you can see far targets easily but in one condition ... environment should be dark, like basement or night. In BF3 DICE buffed IRNV to imbalanced thing, and then just nerfed it to the ground without any common sence.

Return to “Suggestions and Feedback”