WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
BwieDieter
Frequency mismatch cannot be resolved

Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:54 pm

Hello boys and girls,

all the 9 servers my ingame server browser found were running at 60Hz, while my clients says it runs in "High Frequency 120 Hz".
So when I try to connect, I get the message that I need to restart the program for the issue to be resolved. That, however, doesn´t happen. No matter how often I click "Yes" and restart the application this way, I always get the "Frequency Mismatch" error message, and in the upper right hand corner I can still see my client runs at 120 Hz.

Wat do? Help would be greatly appreciated1

Regards, Jeremy

Have you ran Battlefield 3 successfully via origin: YES
Do you have ANY integrated graphics (AMD APU, Intel Integrated, NV Optimus): NO
Operating System: [Avira]
Anti-Virus Solution: [None]
Have you linked your account for verification: YES
Have you tried above troubleshooting steps: I looked at all of them, but none were applicable.
Does VU quit without a crash: NO
Crash Record: [N/A]
What were you doing when it crashed: [Trying to connect to any server running at 60 Hz.]

RobbingHood

Re: Frequency mismatch cannot be resolved

Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:56 pm

Either use the 60 Hz shortcut that the installer created or edit the shortcut you're using and replace "-high120" with "-high60".

BwieDieter

Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:52 pm

I´ll go with e diting the second option, thank you very much for your help1
just out of curiosity, are there usually 120 Hz servers up and I just got unlucky, or is 60 Hz the standard for now?
Again, thank you so very much, I can hardly wait jumping into my first match of VU

Regards, Jeremy

RobbingHood

Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:20 pm

Depends on the server hosters' decision. 120 Hz servers require a lot of CPU power, so most decide to host 60 Hz servers because those are a good compromise between performance and hit reg.

Return to “Help and Support”