WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
Markinator
Key Bindings are resetting themself

Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:25 am

My normal Key Bindings are W for backwards, S for forwards. But whenever I join a server, this switches from W for forwards and S for backwards. Also, when I hit Spacebar ( meaning I jump in the game ), this switches back. So, kind of like this : controls are switched, I jump, controls are normal, I jump, controls are switched and so on. It started when I installed the last update. Any suggestions?

kiwidog

Re: Key Bindings are resetting themself

Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:17 pm

Create an issue on the github bug-tracker. If this is an issue caused by Venice Unleashed, I will look into it for you. But it doesn't seem like others are having this issue, have you tried setting your settings saving, and then setting the PROF_ settings in your documents folder/bf3/settings directory to read-only?
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

buttersoft

Re: Key Bindings are resetting themself

Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:59 am

kiwidog wrote:Create an issue on the github bug-tracker. If this is an issue caused by Venice Unleashed, I will look into it for you. But it doesn't seem like others are having this issue, have you tried setting your settings saving, and then setting the PROF_ settings in your documents folder/bf3/settings directory to read-only?

Not sure how to use github, but my game is doing the exact same thing. I use SZXC rather than WASD, and hitting my melee key (Spacebar) reverses S & X (Move Forward and Move Backward) each time I hit it. Doesn't seem to affect anything else.

I dived into the config files on the day the game was released, and my config is fine :)

Awesome project by the way, going to try and help it get legs.

Return to “Help and Support”