WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
BIGGRIMTIM
Weird Control Issue

Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:38 pm

I am very new here but have a lot of experience with battlefield. I am having a control issue only with the mod. I use a non standard control setup, ESDF instead of WASD. For some reason the S key can only be used to go back instead of left as I would like. It works fine in BF3, BF4 and every other game. Because of this I am unable to play. Thanks for any help.

MAGIC

Re: Weird Control Issue

Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:33 pm

Do you get an errormessage or something like that?
Despite from that it should work though. Note that maybe the S key is assigned somewhere else, and therefore you get a message, that it's assigned somewhere else, but you can click at 'yes' in that window anyway.
Also VU should read your profile from your Origin BF3 account anyway. Be sure "PROF_SAVE_profile" in "C:\Users\XYZ\Documents\Battlefield 3\settings" isn't set to to read-only

BIGGRIMTIM

Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:10 am

No error messages, all my controls are fine. They work perfectly in normal BF3. Also my config is not read only. I was able to play for about 10 mins because it randomly started working then stopped again after I died.

rochr4

Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:16 pm

Another ESDF user here ;- ,similar problem, got SPACE binded for sprint, whenever I use it my character moves diagonally backwards and left instead of left (S) and diagonally backwards and right instead of backwards only (D) when I sprint again it sometimes resets itself, sprint by double tapping works as intended.

Return to “Help and Support”