WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
KillaN
Extend of Mod support

Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:11 am

Hi everyone!

Just discovered this gem of work and I've some questions regarding mod-support.
Will the tools allow modders to program mods or can people make new models for the game as well? (Weapons, objects, buildings etc)
I'm quite interested in remaking things like this as a modeller/animator.
Also, there is a mention of Rime, I understand that it'll be a level editor, but to what extend? Will we be able to import raw. heightmaps generated from let's say Geocontrol for example? (since Dice is using that as well)

Giving a link to answers will be fine as well.

Thanks for your time and happy holidays!

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Re: Extend of Mod support

Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:01 pm

As outlined here, here, and here, there are 2 types of mods supported in VU.

The first one is what we call VeniceEXT (Venice Extension) mods, which are lua scripts that can dictate and modify game behavior, create completely new gamemodes and scenarios, tweak various aspects of the game, as well as provide functionality for custom UI components.

The second one is what we call Rime mods. Rime is a custom tool for modifying and authoring frostbite content. Through Rime you will be able to either modify existing game files (ie. textures, models, scripts, terrain, etc.), or create entirely new content (soon™).

Together, VeniceEXT and Rime can be used to create entirely unique content and experiences.

As for importing heightmaps to Rime, it's currently not a huge focus, but definitely something that's doable.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

KillaN

Re: Extend of Mod support

Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:26 am

Great! Thanks for the reply.
The articles didn't mention models/textures etc so i thought i'd ask it :)

Return to “Help and Support”