WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
De_Joe-91
Client is endless loading on first start

Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:30 pm

After I installed the client i cant get to any login-screen or ui. It only says loading. Waiting doesn't change anything. I already reinstalled the client.
A few months ago it worked without problems. In the meantime i moved to windows 10.
Hope someone can help me.
Thanks a lot!

De_Joe-91

Re: Client is endless loading on first start

Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:19 pm

On my laptop everything works just fine. Same OS, same account. I can't find what could be wrong with my pc. Any suggestions? It just doesn't finish loading if i start the vu.exe...

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:22 pm

Can you post detailed specs of your PC (including OS)?
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

De_Joe-91

Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:42 pm

Of Course:

CPU: Core i5-4460
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 290
SSD: Crucial MX100 (500 GB)
MB: Gigabyte H97 D3H
Resolution 1920x1080

BF3 works without any Issue if i start it with Origin. My laptop has the same OS.
After I start VU the screen turns from black to dark grey, but the loading-animation remains and nothing else happens. I have no special Software running in the background and i disabled avast and my firewall. Could it be that there are any wrong settings, that dont get removed with a reinstall?
Do you need any further information? Or is there a log-file or something like that, that could help finding the problem?
Thanks a lot for your interest in this problem and all your great work! I'm looking forward to the 24th =).

De_Joe-91

Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:47 pm

Is there any specal package that is needed? Like visual c++ or something like that? What does the client use to load the ui? Are the special services or somthing like that necassary? I realy have no more idea what could cause this Problem...

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:00 pm

I will be pushing an update soon to help you debug this issue. I'll let you know what to do once it's up.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

De_Joe-91

Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:08 am

Thank you very much!

De_Joe-91

Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:20 am

I did a clean install on my pc and installed only all the drivers and the game. I still have the same issue. Looking forward to find out something new...

Edit: I did a PcoMon - Trace with the working system and the one that does not work. I can't find any important difference. Maybe this helps a little bit:
Fail-File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9yw9vp1gazpyn2w/Logfile_fail.PML?dl=0
Run-File:https://www.dropbox.com/s/wj3wdcol4uw8fmo/Logfile_run.PML?dl=0
I used the Process Monitor to trace the events and used vu.exe as filter...

kiwidog

Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:49 pm

Ensure that the Battlefield 3 directory has User's Modify Permissions. This was an issue for people before because it seems like "Everyone" group has full control, but for some reason it was failing to update and launch without User's having modify permissions. Also ensure that if you have Avast anti-virus to disable it for updating, then you can re-enable to play. I have been working with a few user's having issues, and it seems like there are a few things that the AV's don't like. I personally have no issues with MSE.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

De_Joe-91

Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:48 pm

Thanks for your advice. Sadly this does not change anything for me. Do you have any further suggestions? Are there some ways to debugg this thing ?
Thanks for your support!

Return to “Help and Support”