WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
kiwidog
Re: Client is endless loading on first start

Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:58 am

Do you have Intel Graphics installed on your computer at all? If you do, try to disable it in Device Manager and try to launch VU as well. I know that there have been issues in the past with Intel Graphics being enabled even when a discrete card is present. I am not sure if that issue has been resolved yet, check the tracker for more information. In the mean while you can try to remove the vu.exe, vu.com, vu folder, and vu bin folder from the Battlefield 3 directory. Then from there run Venice Unleashed from the Start Menu to run the updater and get the new files. Then from there you should sign in and it will download the second update, and the bootstrapper will start in a few seconds and finish the update.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

De_Joe-91

Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:02 pm

Thanks for offering all these new ideas! I have Intel Graphics on my system, but disableing them didn't change the problem. Even after deleting all these files and update it again, the client is still endless loading without even showing any UI or Login-Screen.
If there is anything i can do to help debugging this error just let me know. Also any suggestions are welcome! Looking forward to hear from you and your great work!

Some more information: All the client does while loading is to communicate with emulatornexus.com. This does not stop. It looks exactly the same as in the correct working system. For me it seems like it coulb be more a visual problem, that the client isn't able to show the UI and Login-Screen on this system. It also seems to react on input from my keyboard. Does this help?

kiwidog

Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:09 pm

Yes, it allows us to at least narrow it down to the rendering of the WebUI, PM me a DXDiag of your machine and we will take a look when we run through all the issues people have been having.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:28 am

I just pushed an update to the VU client with several changes to the WebUI.
Please see if you're still having this issue, and if so, please launch VU with the -vudebug parameter and post the output of the console window that will open (it's not going to appear immediatelly, so wait for up to 2 minutes).
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

De_Joe-91

Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:49 am

Thank you! How do i get the new version? Is it the Build 10287? I can't get to the debug-information and it still does not work. Is it wrong to just let the client download all files again? I also tried to reinstall the client without any change.
Thanks for your interest and this support!

RobbingHood

Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:55 am

De_Joe-91 wrote:Thank you! How do i get the new version? Is it the Build 10287?

Latest build should be 10645. Your client is supposed to update automatically on launching. If that doesn't work, download a fresh copy of VU and re-install.

De_Joe-91

Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:15 pm

I don't know whats wrong with all my systems =).
The client doesn't update at all. Neither on the working system nor on the system with the problems. I realy feel bad to confront you with all these problems. If you know any reason why, just let me know. I'm looking forward to hear from you.
Thanks for all your support!

Papa_Spin

Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:38 pm

I have the same problem, my client is endless loading... Despite several installation, it does not update to the build 10645.

Papa_Spin

Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:12 pm

OK, ALRIGHT ! My problem is solved. I've made an update of DirectX (i've got few crash with directx error) and my client work !
But i have the same problem about the version of the build. I'm always on the build 10287. Is it normal ?

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:39 pm

De_Joe-91 wrote:Thank you! How do i get the new version? Is it the Build 10287? I can't get to the debug-information and it still does not work. Is it wrong to just let the client download all files again? I also tried to reinstall the client without any change.
Thanks for your interest and this support!

I'm sorry, with all that's going on I completely forgot that you won't be able to update your client since you can't get in the main menu.
I'll be posting a new installer (along with a zip archive) of the latest files by the end of day today, which you should be able to use to debug your issue.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

Return to “Help and Support”