WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
MadbaLL
Battlefield 3 console commands question

Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:15 am

ppl, i was wondering do all console commands restart (back to default values) each time server loads new map or when we quit the game? or they stay until we change them?

i know fps counter restarts, but what about other commands, to be more specific those that affect gameplay and fps, like triple buffering, render ahead limit, vsync? do they also restart/revert to default game code values when we quit certain map/server/game?

MAGIC

Re: Battlefield 3 console commands question

Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:24 pm

You know you can use an auto-config which will set the commands on startup?

MadbaLL

Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:43 am

MAGIC wrote:You know you can use an auto-config which will set the commands on startup?

yes, i know... but i'm interested what happens with console commands after we quit the map/server/game? do they revert to default game values?

kiwidog

Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:35 pm

There are no console commands that effect gameplay at all. So they don't get reset/reverted at all because unlike for example the Source engine where you can tweak things that actually effect gameplay. Battlefield has no such things.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

MadbaLL

Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:56 pm

kiwidog wrote:There are no console commands that effect gameplay at all. So they don't get reset/reverted at all because unlike for example the Source engine where you can tweak things that actually effect gameplay. Battlefield has no such things.

what happens when we change, for example, render ahead limit or triple buffering with console commands after we quit the server or game entirely? settings put in console stays or it reverts back to default value?

guys, i think i asked very simple question, now it seems we go round 'n round... :)

kiwidog

Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:00 am

I do not remember if they get saved to your profile, (Documents/Battlefield 3) or if you will need to have a user.cfg in the root of BF3 to auto-exec.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

Return to “Help and Support”