WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
IronGun121
Windows 10

Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:36 pm

So i upgraded my system to windows 10 and i wanted to test vu but i need to verify my installation again and the only solution is to redownload the game is there any other way to play it again without downloading the whole game again?
Would be great if someone could help me :) :)
"The Mind is a terrible thing to waste i show love because its a terrible thing to hate"

Bergethon

Re: Windows 10

Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:40 am

You need to have the base game.
If the base game is deleted you have to re-downlaod.
If the base game is on another drive, or you have a backup of it, you need to install origin, put Battlefield 3 in the "Origin Games" folder and verify Battlefield as a installed program

mizudg

Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:10 pm

If you chose to Upgrade and not keep your apps, some games may not work properly (same for programs). There's probably a Regedit way to do this but starting the game through Battlelog should do this for you (in theory)

kiwidog

Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:51 am

If you already have the game files installed, you can just goto regedit and add these few keys, and it should make origin recognize the game has been installed.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\EA Games\Battlefield 3

Then under there you will need,

DisplayName REG_SZ Battlefield 3
GDFBinary REG_SZ <Path to your GDFBinary_en>
Install Dir REG_SZ <Path to BF3 root directory with trailing slash \)
Locale REG_SZ en_US

That should get you going, if not just ensure that Origin is set to install in the same directory, then re-install BF3. It shouldn't re-download, just re-verify all of the files.
kiwidog > NoFaTe.

Return to “Help and Support”