WARNING: The forum is now in read-only mode as we will soon be transitioning to different forum software. Feel free to join our Discord server in the meantime.
TacTicToe
Re: Can't login to Venice Unleashed - Beta Build 6437

Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:09 am

NoFaTe wrote:The Installer and Updater will work on the detected BF3 installation directory.
If you've moved it then it's your fault.

Ummm that is kinda my point, and since I did not create the installer, it is hardly my fault. I would prefer not to have VU.exe in the default folder, *just in case* Punkbuster decides down the road to scan the folder and detects it as a hack and then PB bans my account. I moved BC2 to its own folder for Rome, why on earth would we not be able to do the same for Venice? Only makes sense. You know it is not a cheat, and I know it is not a cheat, but since EA pays PB for the anti cheat, it would only stand to reason EA would want PB to flag it once it is detected.

I would like the option to be able to install the Venice copy to its own folder. Can you make that happen? It is fairly easy for me to prove I own BF3 and the Premium for BF3. I just want that option to install elsewhere, I don't think that is unreasonable.
]Image

utopiate

Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:07 am

I registered for beta last year. Have all keys gone out for this round? I wanted to put up a couple of servers aswell but not sure if your allowing servers yet?

TacTicToe

Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:28 am

They already said they are hosting the servers for the closed beta so they can monitor server performance. We might be able to host for the open beta, but that remains to be seen. Not sure about the keys. Was told on IRC they would be going out in mass before long. :|

I am just hoping to see an IP:port combo soon for the dedicated servers. Need to test my server banner for the day when we get to host. 8-)
]Image

utopiate

Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:33 am

ah no worries, server thing makes sense. Although, I swear I'm missing announcements on this forum though lol I always feel out of touch lol. Good news about the keys though, thought I'd missed out lol.

mizudg

Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:56 am

As far as I know, you can't host your own servers during the CB, because its purpose is to stress test the servers.

Kerrigan

Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:57 am

Server hosting will be granted at a certain time.

neverhangover

Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:49 am

Sooo... any of you guys are actually able to log-in to VU ? :?

I'm not asking about the code, NF says the client should be able to recognize your nexus account regardless having a code or not. (Granted you logged-in to the forums since the last server update at least once)

As you can see, my nickname is all lower-case letters, no brackets bullsh*t, and it still shines red whether I type my nick or my e-mail.

Also, could someone post an actual link to the NexusBF IRC ? irc.rizon.net doesn't work, and I remember knowing how to get there from ROME's main page, but I can't find it now. Thanks. 8-)

CactusPie

Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:55 am

neverhangover wrote:Sooo... any of you guys are actually able to log-in to VU ? :?

Beta hasn't really started yet, just wait.

neverhangover wrote:Also, could someone post an actual link to the NexusBF IRC ? irc.rizon.net doesn't work, and I remember knowing how to get there from ROME's main page, but I can't find it now. Thanks. 8-)

irc.rizon.net is the address of the IRC server, you need an IRC client to join. You can use the web client as well
http://www.rizon.net/chat

neverhangover

Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:04 am

CactusPie wrote:
neverhangover wrote:Sooo... any of you guys are actually able to log-in to VU ? :?

Beta hasn't really started yet, just wait.

neverhangover wrote:Also, could someone post an actual link to the NexusBF IRC ? irc.rizon.net doesn't work, and I remember knowing how to get there from ROME's main page, but I can't find it now. Thanks. 8-)

irc.rizon.net is the address of the IRC server, you need an IRC client to join. You can use the web client as well
http://www.rizon.net/chat

Oh, so no one is able to get in to the client yet. :) I get it.

I figured out IRC once I shook off my autism a few minutes ago... Too much fedorascoping lately.

Thanks anyways ;)

NoFaTe
Blazin' your Brains!

Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:09 am

neverhangover wrote:Oh, so no one is able to get in to the client yet. :) I get it.

I figured out IRC once I shook off my autism a few minutes ago... Too much fedorascoping lately.

Thanks anyways ;)

The beta is currently running, however only people who have a valid license can successfully login.
Having a valid license implies having redeemed a valid serial number here.

Do note however that Harmonic Electricity and Giveaway keys are not redeemable yet.
[03:55:41] <~Bag> Yes, I can put things inside me when I need to

Return to “Help and Support”